Basecamp Navigator

What do people think of the Basecamp Navigator? Where does it fall on the spectrum of casual to competition performance? The weight rims aren’t on the very outer edge, so I wouldn’t expect it to have an extreme performance profile. How does it compare to, say, an Edge or a Spade Cadet (both of which have rims set in the catch zone rather that on the very outer edge)?

2 Likes

I had a Statement and while the rims were a little back from the edge it definitely felt closer (but not exact) to a pure rim weight bimetal than my Breeze, Raiser, or Gully. Had a slightly floaty feeling to it but felt really solid at the same time. I think this was mostly due to the rings being wider and extending closer to the edge than those other offset SS ring yo-yos I mentioned.

Can’t guarantee it’s the same feeling as the Navigator as the Statement was more than 2mm wider, 2mm smaller diameter and half a gram heavier. But the weight ring placement and size is similar on both, with the Navigator being even closer to the rim. It seems likely that it feels the same or close to a ring right on the rims.

1 Like

The Navigator is surprisingly stable. It is one of my top ten throws actually - looking at the shape I would have never thought I was going to like it as much as I ended up liking it… But wow it is AMAZING. Its crazy stable - more than EDGE or Space Cadet - it plays more like a fast SuperStar if you have ever tried one. It’s both fast and stable and easy to control - can’t say enough good things about it honestly. It’s kind of an unsung hero in bimetal if you ask me. :blush:

10 Likes

I really like the Navigator. Like Andre said it’s extremely stable, and as powerful as you would expect a bi-metal to be. I think it gets overlooked because it’s from a “collab company” and it’s not a signature throw. I have about half a dozen bi-metal throws and I would say the Navigator is my most played.

4 Likes