Bad Wolfe Closing!

If you’re used Bad Wolfe strings in the past, you know what a great product they produced. They just posted that they are closing up shop at the end of the year. They said that there’s a chance of very limited runs in the future, but that’s up in the air. I’m sorry to see them go!

10 Likes

NOOOOOO !!! I love bad Wolfe co strings. It’s a shame that they are going out of business. @BadWolfeCo take care my friend. I appreciate all of your help, especially for helping me find some of your awesome strings. I hope you continue to keep on throwing even through this difficult time. Thanks for everything Michael :grin:

10 Likes

I appreciate it, y’all. If you want to know more there’s a whole blog post on my website but Tl;dr is it’s just time to move on, other things in life I need to focus on. I hate to go but it’s for the best long-term. I really appreciate all the support over the past few years.

23 Likes

Just placed the order hope to see those limited drops of string when they happen. Some of the best strings

6 Likes

Aw man this is super sad but glad you are doing what you need to do man. Thanks for all the strings, will be missed!

5 Likes

Good luck with your new focus on life! I too will be stocking up before you go.

Happy Holidays!!

8 Likes

Aww man that makes me sad but wish you well in your future endeavors your string will definitely be missed

4 Likes

Good riddens… The guy is a loser, a poser, a quitter,with no heart and no ambition and his strings were horrible. I’m surprised that every single string he ever made, didn’t break on the first throw down and screw up an expensive collectible yo-yo.

I’ve never been so happy to hear such artificially sad news that was/is long overdo.

Winners stay the course and Losers fall by the wayside.

The World is now a better place and BadWolf has made room for a real quality string maker.

Boo hoo

pS… Michael…… homie….bro…. I have a question. Personally I always loved your string. It was the Yo-yo worlds best kept secret. Always the best material… the best twist…the best at tension control…reasonably priced…sold by a great guy…. And consistent quality.

Do you have any stock left for sale, before everybody finds out that everything I said above ‘boo hoo’ was totally fictional without one word of truth?

Ps2… I know it’s tough to make a decision to close. But we know you would not make that decision unless you had to so you could move on with other important tasks.

….There is always the possibility you could eventually fall right back into string making.

Looking forward eventually to your special limited future releases.

Best wishes from Mo

13 Likes

Best of luck to you! I just put in one last order to stock up. The slicc last forever so a few go a long way.
Thanks for everything.

5 Likes

I have a good amount of slicc, but I put in a plushh order in! Gotta stock up. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Haha thanks man, I appreciate the kind words (and the unkind ones for making me laugh) :rofl:

My shop is still open through 12/30, and most everything I do is made-to-order so don’t worry about stock, everybody has a chance to order as much as they want of whatever they want. As long as all orders come in before New Years, I can ship them after and they still count as 2022 for taxes. So yeah, anybody who wants to stock up can totally do so.

Just know that uhh, the response to this news has already been very strong, and it is definitely gonna take me a while to get everyone’s orders done lol. Just since announcing it yesterday I’ve had enough orders come in to keep me busy through the end of January. I’m only one man with only so many hours in a day! But if you like my strings, waiting a month for an order might be better than waiting months/indefinitely to see if I get around to making more in the future.

You’re right, there’s always a chance my other endeavors will fail miserably and/or I’ll end up missing this and come back to it in a couple years. Never say never. I just don’t want anyone to hold out hope for me to return like Summer 2023 or something, because that’s definitely not the plan.

13 Likes

Just placed a fatty order of Abominable Snowman. I appreciate you always being willing to modify or customize orders, and the quality and consistency is always on point. Finding another stringmaker with nylon as high quality as yours is going to be a real chore! Thanks for everything so far and I wish you luck with your next steps!

9 Likes

Well crap, i just recommended your strings to someone today.

5 Likes

Thanks for everything Michael!

4 Likes

Always heard great things about your string but never pulled the trigger until now! I’m excited to try them out as well as throw a little support for your future endeavors.

Sad to see a legendary string maker take off but you gotta’ do what you gotta’ do.

4 Likes

Y’all gonna make me cry if you keep saying stuff like that. :sob:

I really appreciate the support from everyone, it’s been astounding hearing from so many of you and I’ll be working for a month to fill all the orders that have already come in lol. I’m so glad to be part of this community, and I’ll still hang around here on the forums and IG sometimes to keep up with the community.

16 Likes

I bought a ton in the past i think it was like 10 sample packs… so good indeed! I still have 3unopened but i placed another order cause they are that good!
Thank you!

6 Likes