Bad transaction(s) w/ @ThrowButcher

after discussion with a mod, and unfortunately, i’m leaving bad feedback for @ThrowButcher and starting this thread.

i was purchasing a tivayder about two weeks ago, once the transaction went through i never heard back. once mentioning cancelling the transaction via message after not hearing regarding shipping, and hearing from another forum member they had attempted to purchase the same piece and experienced some awkward conversations. he stated (in an awkward message) he would reverse the transaction, but nothing since… i’ve contacted paypal.

i was also contacted by another forum member whose transaction has not been completed, and has spoken to the mods.

based on our conversations, he may be going through personal issues, i don’t know. but, i’ve tried contacting him through email and the forum several times, and he has been on here as recently as 4 days ago.

10 Likes

I sent @ThrowButcher / Justin Thompson $ for an MC and now haven’t heard from him in 2 weeks. Happy to update this if ever resolved.

5 Likes

If it’s been two weeks I strongly recommend beginning a paypal dispute.

6 Likes

I’m afraid I’m in the same boat. Sent him the money for an Antidote on May 28th after normal communication, he said he would ship in the morning, then nothing. No response to the follow up messages. :disappointed:

I hope that if it is something in his personal life he is able to resolve it and get back to folks soon.

5 Likes

Same here. I will start a PayPal dispute after numerous communication attempts and no response.

7 Likes

I hope everyone paid with “Goods and Services”

19 Likes

^ this

9 Likes

Uh oh this is giving me flash backs to ChrisDoc.

I hope everything works out for everyone. Last time this happened to me the guy just ghosted and disappeared. No money, no yoyos :frowning:

Really hope everyone here is made good on.

7 Likes

he was scammed by chrisdoc before you were :grimacing:

6 Likes

oh man… after my experience I would never wish that on others…
So I hope this is just a glitch in the Matrix

6 Likes

I also sent payment for a couple throws 15 days ago and contacted without hearing anything back as of yet. The day I sent payment he sent a picture with all of the yo-yos in front of the shipping boxes he was planning to send out the next morning (including @jeremy s MC I think) so it looks like he was ready and intending to send them out at the time.

4 Likes

This is a bummer. I know he’s a good guy but he was also going through some bad financial times with his family due to COVID :confused: … not that this excuses any kind of shady behavior of course. Maybe something really bad is going down.

If you can’t get any response, or any payment restitution after a few weeks… ping me and I will send you a yo-yo to help cover. I can’t guarantee it will be what you originally paid for, but it’ll be a nice metal yo-yo of some kind.

18 Likes

Maybe Jezus is the answer?

Jezus Mcglovin…

Where is Jezus anyways?

8 Likes

Wrong thread🤡

6 Likes

This offer still stands

9 Likes

thank you @codinghorror for your continued generosity, i’m just waiting the paypal out… i’ll kick down a throw if this guy used his ‘veteran status’ to burn any of you other people too though…

8 Likes

I have a feeling it was a very bad life event versus an intent to scam people. I can’t say more than that.

9 Likes

Same

3 Likes

I agree. If he was intending to scam, there wouldn’t be any reason to send a picture of the yo-yos in front of boxes ready to ship out after the payment was already sent.

1 Like

Does anyone know enough of his personal info ie. First and last name and location and maybe check his local obituary. He could be dead. Its possibility atleast right?

3 Likes