Axle help

I just got an ILYY Fury in the mail (in a trade) but I think the axle is too short. I can’t screw it all the way together. Once it reaches a certain point, it just keeps twisting and never tightens. Can a Fury’s axle be removed?

Does it do this on both sides?

I looked at the yoyo on YYE’s shop, and it’s clear the screw cannot go through.

1: Does it do this on both sides?

2: I would think you SHOULD be able to take the axle out, although I do know some brands really get it in there. I think using an appropriate tool should remove the axle from such yoyos.

3: I’m thinking something is stripped. This may have been why it was on BST. Since you can’t see the damage, it’s easy to ignore/cover-up/pass along. Even if the axle is too short, it still shouldn’t just keep twisting like that. The other issue could be the axle was replaced with the wrong set screw. If it’s too small, I think you’d notice that.

Contact the seller and see about getting a refund or compensation. This isn’t going to end well.

It appears that the axle is too short. I thought the inside of my yoyo might be stripped, but my catalyst axle twisted in perfect (despite being too short also). Do you know where I could get an ILYY axle or another brand whose axle would fit? Axles are really cheap so it’s not worth the hassle of sending it back. The yoyo still works. I’m just worried it’ll split in half at any given time :stuck_out_tongue:

Contact YYE and see if they can give you some specs unless someone here can give you specs as far as length is concerned. Then get yourself to a hardware store and look for set screws.