Awkward Moments

I was at a Mexican restaurant and this drunk guy comes up to us and asks my mom “Are these your boys? They are fine looking gentlemen” Only with a drunken slur. Then he says “Look over there.” He points to a table of women and says “These are mah girls, I got myself more coming.” and he laughs awkwardly… I turn to my dad and say “Awkward moments are awkward.”

I was downtown with some friends playing basketball. Bunch of guys come up and start to give me trouble. I told my mom about it later and you should have seen her face. She started yelling at me and then said that they here we were wasn’t safe enough. I had to move in with my aunt and uncle in bel air. So I get there and open the door, get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur. And then i opened my fanny pack and spaghetti went everywhere.

Let me guess…your Uncle is very fat and a judge, your Aunt is sweet and caring, and you lived in the hood of Philadelphia.

Ok, in 5th grade we got the choice of playing an instrument. I chose cello(impulse, I really wanted to play percussion which I do now, you had to be in 6th grade to do percussion) and got Mrs. _______ who was my 3rd grade vocals teach. Lemme tell ya, i HATE(internet yelling :D) vocal music. I can sing Ok, but its so embarrassing. Then fast foward a year, i’m in 6th grade. My school got a budget cut, so music people went to middle school for music then took a bus to elem school. Now I was allowed to play percussion in band, and I was getting tired of cello and cello lessons so of course I switched to band. I couldn’t tell my strings teacher in person, so she had to ask fellow students. So my parents felt a little bad so they emailed her. And got a response back, i’m so sadabout her choice, reconcider next year. After that, smooth sailing for a while. Then half of the year is gone and art is done and music begins.(budget cuts)So that meant no music in elementary school, so i HAD to take vocals again. ( remember I go to middle school for music now?) And guess who my vocals teacher is? My strings teacher. I have music next week, but can already feel the awkwardness. Because I pretty much burned her by switching, but I didn’t tell her I switched to band, some other kids did. (I don’t see her outside strings so I couldn’t tell her.)

Ouch. That’s probably the most realistic type of awkwardness I’ve heard of. One another awkward moment I just remembered is once I saw one of my teachers (who I hated) at ShopRite while I was yoyoing and she asked me if I always carried it around with exasperation in her voice.