Atmos Lunar gravity texture question

I saw that Atmos is going to release an Ari with this type of finish (love my ari) and was thinking on getting another

Does the texture affect grinds any? good or bad? What is your experience with it? I do like to do finger spins and talon grinds etc on the normal Ari so wasn’t sure if that felt different or just had the ‘effect’ of feeling/looking different on the like cracked look

Thanks!

4 Likes

I know @hobby_master had/has a lunar gravity. He probably has some input!

3 Likes

Maaaannnn…I’m really trying to resist the temptation here to buy another Ari…

That aside, I have both versions of the RSOxAtmos Gravity, and it’s interesting. I didn’t attempt any grinds with it, but here’s my assessment:

On the profile, I can’t feel any difference at all and the pattern shows up quite well.
Inside the cup, the pattern shows up just as well, but feels almost like engraving marks, a little rough. I think it would impact grinds.

So I think it would depend on how Atmos is running this version of the Ari, whether it will all be like the profile finish of the Lunar Gravity or if it will be profile-smooth and cup-rough.

I know that’s probably not a lot of information, but I hope it’s at least a little helpful.

2 Likes

My answer would be near identical to what @djinni_cake wrote! The cracked coat is smooth for a majority of the surface, but at very certain angles and curvatures you’ll be able to feel the texture – you can feel them on inner cups of the Gravity, and for some on the rim (just adjacent to the caps once installed); similarly, you can feel this texture on the Ari on the outermost rims and the areas near the cap seat.

For where your finger would make contact with the Ari on finger grinds, however, it’s entirely smooth, so no problems there. The inner halve of the cup is also fully smooth, so any grinds/spins that involve that area will be good to go as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info from you both! That is very helpful and exactly the information I was looking for to determine which I would try for!

I totally was in the same boat on not necessarily getting another Ari until I saw it those 2 different ones XD

3 Likes

It is hands down the most beautiful finish on a throw, it catches the light at some angles and shows different colors like a rainbow finish. Its beautiful and mesmerizing and feels unique. You can definitely feel the finish a very little but it seems sanded down a bit because inside the cup is more gritty feeling.

I had to sell mine :sleepy: but one day i will acquire it back when i am able to

1 Like

I have the RSO Cracked Mechabape, as well as the RSO textured Gravity. I think both of those are textures added on top of a rather smooth Ti finish, so generally not good to grind with to start. I would go for the rainbow or something blasted if you want better grinds. However, I love the aesthetic, easy choice for me.

3 Likes