Are there more unresponsive tricks than responsive tricks?

just wanna know cuz i have more re than unresponsives…

Thats debatable. @edhaponik probably answer this one the best.

1 Like

ok thx

There are new tricks regularly created for both styles. A lot of these tricks never get officially documented or gain widespread notoriety. No trick list is static. A lot of tricks haven’t been discovered yet but are out there in the Yo-isphere.

3 Likes

I’d like to think that unresponsive yoyos have more tricks. Since, while the main advantage of a responsive yoyo is its tug-responsiveness, this effect can be emulated in an unresponsive yoyo by tugging before the yoyo reaches the bottom of the string. Alternatively, quickly using a laceration bind to bring the yoyo back after it’s begun spinning freely can also quasi-emulate a tug-responsive effect. Of course, these tricks are still technically different, but the emulation of these tricks means a number of responsive tricks can be quasi-counted as unresponsive tricks, resulting in the unresponsive trick category holding the advantage.

At least that’s my take on it lol

3 Likes

More for either than any one person could ever hope to learn. And you can only pour your attention into one at a time. So for me the answer is that both have infinite tricks, or… y’know just the one. :wink:

12 Likes

the divisions are named after the amount of tricks there are in terms of aleph cardinals.
0A stands for aleph zero
1A aleph one
etc

4 Likes

Seriously?

There are an infinite number of both unresponsive and responsive tricks. The limiting factor is ones imagination and skill.

5 Likes

Those are huge limiting factors for me! :rofl:

3 Likes

Which infinite number is bigger?