Are Spinworthy Unresponsives worth making?

Is it really only fixed axle yoyos people are interested in getting from me, or are you interested in POM unresponsives from me too?

I haven’t bothered making them for a while because they take a long time and I’m just not so sure people are really interested.

• I would buy a Spinworthy POM Unresponsive
  • I’m mostly only interested in fixed axles from you.

0 voters

6 Likes

I would happily buy anything from you, the only reason I haven’t so far is lack of funds. The POM organics you make are absolutely beautiful!

5 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

As an owner of a Spinworthy POM unresponsive I can confirm they are worth making!

3 Likes

I’m planning on buying one once this whole corona thing blows over!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

After making a couple more, I have decided they are not worth making because no-one will buy them at a cost reflective of the time required to make them.

I’ll make a few for personal use.

2 Likes

What’s the cost like man?

I’m wanting a POM unresponsive and was eyeing yours off u til I found the thread saying you weren’t taking any more orders… had my hopes dashed- dashed I tell you

I am selling one for $140 shipped on the BST.

It seems a lot, but please remember it is hand turned.

I would like to sell it so I can buy some polycarbonate rod to make yoyos from.

Yeah man for sure- that’s the difference between mass produced and hand made… like anything- both have their pros and cons

The community has spoken; It isn’t worth making Spinworthy Unresponsives.You’ll never see them again.

I’ll stick with fixed axle yoyos.

1 Like

I think its just a bad time to try and sell them. Money is tight for a lot of people right now with the virus causing a massive global unemployment spike, and people requiring a higher number of necessesities due to the unknown

3 Likes

Yet they are still buying my fixed axles for more than the price I quoted for the unresponsives.

There’s no offense at all. I just won’t make them.

1 Like

I did not participate in the survey because it is too difficult to answer.
My heart and the knowledge I have tell me that you have a gift and the world deserves to enjoy it … so the answer would be yes.
We both know, however, that today there are methods and equipment that give the possibility of obtaining much cheaper items, much faster and with much better performance and therefore the answer would be no.
All these advantages have a great cost, since the human being is no longer able to do anything with his hands and the things he was able to do in the past have now irremediably and permanently forgotten them. You are a fantastic exception!
It is sad to admit it, but I believe that the facts have shown you the right path and you have made the right decision … however, it costs me a lot to regret writing it!

2 Likes

True.

Why didn’t everyone just answer no? Did they expect they would be $40?

Whatever. Like I said I won’t make them again.

Lesson learned.

1 Like

How many do you think can know what are the difficulties and how to make such an object freehand?
How many, answering yes, do you think could have the tools to understand, the time needed to make one, the difficulties with which you have to face, the risks you run in making them.
It is not a criticism of anyone, it is clear, here we are in a yoyo forum, which are ultimately toys, we are not in a forum of professional machine tools.
I believe that most of them, in absolute good faith, have seen beautiful objects and the question “would you like me to make them?” he simply replied what he wanted, without being able to know all the things I was talking about just above.
That’s all.

P.S. the main problem I don’t think is the money … they agree to buy your fixed axes at the same price or at a higher price … but that of having a yoyo that does not play perfectly, without vibrations, which is now a foregone for standards that have existed for many years thanks to CNC machines

3 Likes

Very true again.

I have actually turned ones with zero vibe before. I think the POM I used for these had a center with slightly lower density than the the outsides. I can actually see that when I held it up to the light. There’s a high chance that’s why these ones vibed.

2 Likes

Possible, and keep in mind that even if it does not appear, it is a material sensitive to the absorption of humidity, which perhaps is not uniform, therefore it also depends on where and how it was stored.
I prefer to use Arnite (PET) which is less prone to these problems.

1 Like

Without a price estimate or even a “no” option for people who aren’t really interested in fixed axles, I didn’t feel right voting. If the poll had been something along the lines of, “Would you buy a handmade POM unresponsive for $140? Yes or no,” then I would have voted.

2 Likes

Well, since I have never thrown a plastic yoyo that I truly loved, I voted for fixies only. But there is a significant amount of people who love plastics, and if I was one of those types id certainly be interested in getting one of your plastic beasts. But the reality of the situation is that your fixies are (out of what ive tried) the best in the game, so I would rather buy more fixies from you instead. My advice is to never say never, but maybe only spin them if people put a down payment on it first? Honestly I still do kind of lust over your hand-turned plastic unresponsives and don’t think the price is too high for what it is, but I just know that they aren’t for me.

1 Like