Are bots ruining yo-yo drops lately?

My issue with it is mikes paraphrased response being “if I could have I would have but was unable too, how ever I only use my bots for competitive clothing drops” sooo you have and use one and got the things people claim are being botted after saying you were going to :joy: just an unnecessary L for him for no reason if he’s not botting :person_shrugging: but he’d have no reason to be honest especially with people reacting negatively quite fast about it lol

I really wish these highly anticipated drops would just have a pre-order lottery. I’ve literally been traveling, in-flight or driving or in an area without good reception, for every single S2 and Peak drop. It’s a bit of bad luck ig, and but I also have a baby at home and just don’t always have the ability to login at the exact second it drops. Fortunately, I was able to snag an S2 (thanks @SkareCrow :folded_hands:). But the whole process feels exclusionary and is kinda turning me off to CLYW honestly.

8 Likes

ya this. giving “only our REAL fans will be able to get one” “we might secretly drop more if you join our echo chamber” like ok monkeyfinger go off i guess.

1 Like

anecdotally, i was able to cart and purchase the berry and BBB P3AKs manually

2 Likes

i seriously doubt that’s their intent, but i agree that’s how it comes across. personally i refuse to jump through hoops to give someone my money but im not a collector so my mindset is diff

6 Likes

Not their intent…yet they have plenty of experience knowing what will happen and don’t do anything about it. I know that’s their business model, but definitely makes me have zero interest in MFD as well. But seems like they don’t need my money anyway, and I need my money more so it works out :joy:

3 Likes

Is this actually what they do with Shop Pay?

Funnily enough, I just wanted to have one to play because I am one of the, I guess, few that actually enjoy playing the Peak and wanted to see how it could surpass what I love. Collectibilty is cool I guess but I just want to play it hard like my 2nd run and have it as a daily throw.

However, the business models instituted by the currently popular brands honestly suck. Gotta keep that demand lure I guess! Such a limited quantity and attempting both without any success has distracted me further from bothering to try. The two drops of the Legacy Peak were obviously not meant to happen, as I was dealing with some heavy stuff during both, but less of this “drama” about bots would be squashed by simply making enough for everyone that wants to, to try.

15 Likes

I’m with you on just wanting to play a Peak. But the current Legacy Peak situation is not a business model that CLYW has purposefully instituted.

1 Like

The one issue I’ve run into with drops like the blumi is when the countdown got to zero the timer froze for like 30 seconds and would not go away and by the time the timer went away it went from 40 yoyos to 9.

This has happened twice to me and I heard others say the same. I truly don’t like the countdown clock

5 Likes

It was on purpose to do such a limited quantity for a high demand product. CLYW is not the only offender. Gone are the days of a large drop and everyone being able to post their pics online with their new yoyo!

1 Like

The only way CLYW could have produced significantly more Legacy Peaks in the relevant time frame, their 20th anniversary,
Nats and Worlds, is for several unpredictable events to happen much earlier.

  • Finding the CAD.
  • Executing the successful Summit 2 project.
  • Securing time in One Drop’s and BT’s production schedule.

We’re talking about a completely different timeline.

They dropped something like 300 Summit 2s across two stores and that didn’t avoid a similar situation (that is ongoing weeks and multiple drops later).

4 Likes

…which clearly could’ve happened with the Legacy Peak. That just proves that the method surrounding the Summit 2 worked. Almost everyone that wanted one was able to obtain one. Many have multiples!

1 Like

I agree with you that I hate the limited runs only because it does make it so most people cannot get one. You make 20 yoyos and 90 people want one well sucks for the 70 people who also wanted one.

2 Likes

I get this, demand outstrips supply. Still don’t see why they couldn’t do a preorder lottery or find someway to not make it based on who’s free and has internet connection at exactly the right time.

3 Likes

They simply could not have produced the same number of Legacy Peaks as Summit 2s in the same timeframe.

And I don’t think everybody is happy about Summit 2 availability.

3 Likes

CLYW sold a portion of the 1st Legacy at an event in West Coast USA somewhere, right? and the remainder sold online. An even smaller drop was sold in Tokyo, with 20 remaining online. The premise is that no more will be made (for whatever nonsensical reason).

Hobbyists literally span the globe. Most, including myself, cannot afford to drop everything to go to these events. And most have lives and actively doing actual necessary tasks (including sleeping) when these drops occur. It’s stupid.

4 Likes

Well, having free time and good internet still put you behind in person sales at contests, lotteries on Discord and unannounced B-grade drops.

But this project has been very seat-of-the-pants from the start. None of this is a business strategy.

1 Like

Summit 2 is still actively being produced. It’s not comparable.

1 Like

That’s what it sounded like to me. Online payments always take some time to process, so surely the only way that you’d be guaranteed your items with Shop Pay over any other method (PayPal, Google Pay, etc.) is if they reserve the item for you while the payment is processing.