Arctic Circle

The site kept banging its head against a wall it sold out faster than you think. Got one though.

Ya cleared my cache and cookies and they were all gone…

Please don’t assume that you guys “know” what’s happening.
The reason why it was a “slower” sell-out time is because:

1./ It was not advertised on the CLYW facebook page since Chris is away.
2./ This was a larger initial release.
3./ There is more than a single retailer for the initial release, meaning people are not rushing to a single store from around the world.
4./ There are 2 different weight versions. Some people are waiting for the lighter version.

Yes, it’s a larger scaled price, but being a signature model, which gives a portion of the profit to the sponsored player, I would deem that it’s quite fair.

And judging by a bit of the slowdown on YYE, I would say there is a huge traffic towards YYE at this moment.

1 Like

They’ve also had quite a few Chief releases lately. I personally decided not to jump on the Arctic this time for that reason since I picked up a Chief just a month or two back.

I think the pricing is pretty much where I’d expect it to be based on competitors. Not that I think CLYW’s throws are objectively better than say…One Drop, but they are more limited and seem to have a collectible factor OD’s don’t. CL’s are still not really close to the ultra high end price-wise.

my computer froze FML >:( >:( >:( >:(

i got a berry berry =]. i hope i see pics of the yogis around…
cant wait to see how it plays compared to the chief and my all time fav ava.

i prefer the lighter version chief, might have to pick up a lighter ac if i get a chance…
thanks clyw & yye.

I got a caribou street :slight_smile: it was the one I was going for too!

aw I tried getting the berry berry but it was sold out. copped a yogi though.

And 3…2…1: Let the scalping begin.

sarcasm

I wanted the copper, mainly since I llked how it looks. Unfortunately, those sold out fast. I ended up with a Yogi, which was another choice.

I was trying to get a second for theroybit, but the blue/grey went fast, then I figured I’d try to snag the blue/red speckle but that was gone too. If Paypal hadn’t choked, it might have gone through the first time. But I’m not gonna go that route. What happened, happened. I feel bad I couldn’t get him one too.

I’m also placing an order on National YoYo Day, so I’m asking the kind folks at YYE to please hold my order so I can get the whole set of goodies at once. Sure, I could be playing my new Arctic Circle as soon as Wednesday, but I have other stuff going on.

It was a toss up between copper pot and grey/blue. Everything ran like sludge and thought they were all gone and my phones email went off… Confirmation on the grey blue. Happy Fathers day to me. Too bad I will have to wait two weeks. Will be reading the reviews and waiting.

I just decided to wait until the second run… I want the colorway of my AC to match that of my blue with orange speckle chief. ;D

Honestly… it plays like nothing I’ve ever thrown before.
It is a great design and feels amazing.
But that said, I prefer the lighter version.

I’m sure you will “never support CLYW” in your own words but understanding how scalping works would also be a great preface of knowledge in economics.

Only a fool would buy from a scalper for the Arctic Circle, considering that another run has already been announced (and already assembled) and the price a person would have to pay would be stupid.

Sure, someone will try to scalp and may succeed, but majority of the people bought it to actually own the product. If you go back and see how the Chiefs were “scalped”, you would understand it worked due to its limited availability. Even then, most scalpers were unsuccessful.

I would trade my whole collection for the AC

Whoa, there, eagermcbeaver.

I’d sell my XBOX and Chief for one D:L

I’d trade my throw-hand middle finger for an Arctic Circle.

But in all seriousness, I think I’ll wait on the second or third run to get one. I wasn’t really vibing with the colorways of this current run (except for maybe Copper).

A Clareview Station or Navy Blue w/ Orange Speckle (Oil, I think?) would sound good to me. I like blue. ;D

the wooly marmot took 5 days to sell out, are you serouis?

Anyone wanna trade my chief and $40 for their Arctic Circle?