Archiving this horrible thing that happened to me in a section no one will find it

What did you do during the 4 weeks.

air yoyo. :stuck_out_tongue:
or tie a string to random things to see if they’d work.

1 Like

actually, yes.

i also took up poi. (and my freind let me borrow his yoyo ::slight_smile: it was a lyn fury, better then nothing. i only had it in my possesion for a few days though

really? haha I was joking, but that’s probably what I would’ve done too… :stuck_out_tongue:
and nice! I always wanted to try poi, but just never got around to it.

If that happened to me i would be thinking of ways to improve my yoyoing skills. I would be on the forums but if it goes that far where my yoyos are taken away that would also mean no more computer.

Exactly what you just said.

Same here >:( it really sucks when you save up for a yoyo and they don’t let you buy it :-\

Especially when it takes you the entire summer vacation to save up to by a $45 yoyo.

[/quote]
man I wish your friend will be strong enough for long enough to cope with his “parents”
Playing is very important in one’s happiness (in general), no matter the age, it has been proven more than once, people who play have happier lives and can cope better with adversity than people who just go for “productive” and “serious” or “adult” stuff.

I hate it when I see parents who don’t understand so because they don’t understand it, they think it’s somehow bad.

this is why the world goes the way it goes, people don’t try to understand, they let themselves driven by fear and ignorance, more and more adults are “playing adults” while truly behaving like kids. The sad part is that they actually think they’re in the right, believe whatever they get told by the TV, never look further for information, NEVER LEARN anything more, because they “know” so they think they don’t have to “learn”, “learning is for kids, and adults just know”

there are only 2 kind of people who “know”, geniuses and idiots. Once you stop learning, you give up living a meaningful life and become just one statistic, pay for the house, buy stuff, believe whatever TV tells you to, and then you destroy your kid’s chances by teaching them how “playing is not for adults”, or how “you can’t do this, stop dreaming” and all this kind of BS.

the way we’re living is not the right way, it’s urgent and important that we stop following the path we’re currently following, and this starts with parents, kids are our future, let’s not teach them to make the same mistakes as we did.

My mom is exactly like that and as I grew up, she just stopped acting nice to me (she never really was, my step dad being the closest thing I ever had to a real parent, complicated story, not the topic here)

I hope the kids don’t give up if they have parents like that, the only solution is to believe in yourself, find support elsewhere, never give up your dreams. Childhood should be sacred and parents who crush their kids dreams to turn them into consuming zombies should be thrown in jail.

Learn, dream, and believe in yourself, every single day til the last one. Life is precious, we should use it to make meaningful things rather than just work to buy and buy to work.
[/quote]
Well said!!!

There’s not enough creativity and individuality taught in society anymore.

I have a 16 year old son and I have to tell him to put down his school work and do something fun. He gets way too overloaded! He needs a healthy balance of work and fun IMO! Everyone does!

Good luck with what sounds like the most sad month my friend. :frowning:

(psst, it was over a few days ago)

Get grounded again, so this thread can come back alive!

(steal candy from an adolescent starfish or something)

Or go throw a brick through an unbreakable glass storefront.

20 TIMES!