Ar/t yoyo just dropped new throw “Yokel”

I believe it is because the yoyo was called both Fern and Furn at various times by the folks at ART and this is some mashup of those.

2 Likes

I’ve been jamming the yokel the past two days.
The yokel feels like they took the best characteristics of both the fern and sparrow, fusing them together into a new S-tier undersized.

It seems the fern was dismissed by many based on comments and the sharp dip in aftermarket pricing.
In the week leading up to the yokel, the fern became my daily carry in an attempt to dial in my senses with the most gentle undersized and to better distinguish the unique aspects of the upcoming yokel. In the aforementioned week, the fern gained a new importance to me. Originally, I had tried forcing pre-existing movement approaches on the fern which came with mixed results. Once I let the fern guide my approach to movement and pacing, it all changed. The fern has become an essential piece of the collection that feels incredible to play ever since the perspective shift. Using string on the thinner side is a must.

The fern has a heightened awareness on the string which I haven’t experienced quite the same way from any other designs. Feeling like you’re “right there” without some layer of abstraction that denser/bigger/rigid/etc. designs provide in play after switching from the fern. Hence the delicate fern feeling.

The sparrow provides much more stability while still maintaining small dimensions and was the first undersized model I played which changed my mind about undersized designs. Prior to the sparrow, all undersized yoyos felt compromised in one realm or another. The sparrow made me realize smaller designs could be capable in stability.

The yokel takes the delicate, intimate feeling on the string from the fern and combines it with the added stability seen in the sparrow, creating a design that feels outstanding in play, exceeding all my expectations.

This feels like they’ve perfected the undersized formula with this one. Tyler has a real winner here. Undersized endgame? Subjective but my experience thus far.

9 Likes

Awesome write up, you nailed it.

1 Like

Enjoying these :wink:

8 Likes

Love’em all

8 Likes

I really like the orange string with the clear, kind of matches tha pads and it’s a vibe

5 Likes

Makes you wanna do Tyler-type of tricks.

3 Likes

I got a clear if anyone wants to trade for another color - just throwing that out there

1 Like

Anyone get a yokel from todays drop?

They’re pretty similar, but to put it straight up, on the string the yokel feels almost lighter faster and less stable than the fern. Im still getting used to it but the yokel almost made me appreciate the fern even more. The yoke is dangerously smooth in its own right though, and really agile once you get a little used to it and can start to anticipate its rapid out the the box movement. it will change the way you approach things. which I think is very valuable and hard to achieve when it comes to yo-yos. I think the biggest difference is the bind game, with the yokes c sized bearing alot looser binds vs the ferns tight tight D…

Another note with the yoke for me (and I suck at regens), but its almost too light for me to get a good regen going! It definitely tightens your play. Some would say its just hard to use and it is, but just takes some getting used to. The more used to it I get the weirder and heavier all my other throws feel. Im definitely in a full mini mode right now going between fern and yoke.

2 Likes

Filmed a new video with the yokel

31 Likes

Dude hottttt daannnnnngggggg those are some top notch moves. Big style. :face_with_monocle::pray::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Man’s got skills. Respect!

4 Likes

Beautiful style you got! Everything was so rhythmic and musical! Whereas I’ll watch some excellent players, sometimes tricks go over my head, but there is something very tangible and logical about your playing. Thanks for sharing, I’m going to try to learn what I can from it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.