Apple showdown

What is your favorite apple and why? Mine is honeycrisp. Very consistent and pleasant texture followed by a deep flavor profile. For those who don’t know I consider myself to be an apple buff.

My top 5 apples are:

1. Honeycrisp
  2. Wild Twist
  3. Envy
  4. Opal
  5. Cosmic Crisp/ Pink Lady

Apple enjoyers rise up

12 Likes

Wait wait wait… there’s apples that arent honeycrisp? :crazy_face: there doesn’t need to be

7 Likes

Im a fan of Fuji apples :+1:

3 Likes

In no particular order:

Jazz
Gala
Braeburn
iPhone 15

6 Likes

Jazz is an interesting pick. I can understand why you like them though as they have a good texture.

I prefer the 5 but they stopped updating it. Now I have a 7.

3 Likes

I’m not far from you with one significant addition…

1. Granny Smith
  2. Cosmic crisp
  3. Honey crisp
  4. Wild twist
  5. Envy
2 Likes

i love them all equally

1 Like

My vote is for the golden delicious.

1 Like

Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious are my go-to apples of choice. Now I want one :yum:

1 Like
  1. Kanzi
  2. Granny Smith
  3. Pink Lady
  4. Braeburn

I heavily prefer sour apples over sweet. I’ll put up with the leather skin on Granny Smith just because of how nice and tart they are. I feel like one of the few people who doesn’t feel strongly about Honeycrisp, they’re certainly a great apple, not trying to say otherwise, but I don’t like them nearly enough to justify the price. I like all the apples I listed more anyway.

Cosmic crisp easily. It’s just so much better in every way. Crisp, flavor, color, everything.

1 Like

I have not had one of these. This site makes them sound very interesting…

3 Likes

I want to try a Kanzi so badly smh

3 Likes

Kanzi is to Granny Smith as Honey Crisp are to Red Delicious. Once you try one you’re gonna be absolutely hooked.

3 Likes

Is it as intense as the applereviews person makes it seem? I’m interested because he puts the intensity of flavor at 100/5 which is unique. I know that Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, and Wild Twist all have a strong profile, and he tends to underrepresent flavor strengths on average for me, so for him to give that high of a number is… unique

1 Like

Looks like Im on an island by myself. Thats ok, more fuji apples for me mwahahaha!

1 Like

Ain’t no way Granny Smith is #1 unless you makin pies

1 Like

I feel some of this could be region based as well. I haven’t heard of half of the ones mentioned above and, not that I can claim to know the contents of my supermarket shelves, I think some aren’t readily sold here.

(btw this is the best thread I’ve seen in a while)

4 Likes

It’s my favorite. Also in pies.

2 Likes