Anyone want to spend $100 on a bearing?

100% ceramic

http://cgi.ebay.com/5x10x4-Full-Ceramic-Bearing-Yoyo-YoYoFactory-Bearings-/140268260665?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20a8a3cd39

http://www.freewebs.com/hoggwild89/yoyo/cerber.jpg

…uhhhhhhhh why would you waste your money?? Id rather just buy a new throw.

What is the Difference between that Ceramic bearing, and the Regular Ceramic Bearing?
Des it Spin Longer? Smoothness?

Dead, Yeah, thats kind of what of was thinking too. ;D My next “spare” hundred goes into an “Overhaul”. I would love to see this guy “give” a couple to Bulay, Spencer or Severence, etc and see what they think of it. One positive word from any of the top guys and this guy would sell tons of them at a c note each.

I got one and its worth every cent! It is so smooth and it is blue!

Just kidding thats stupid.

People laugh at me for buying a $100 yoyo but if I bought a $100 bearing! I would cut off my toes or something.

Ehhhh, NO.

Thats the only bearing i use

Those would be great if you planed to spin your yoyo at high speeds for hours at a time, while dunking it into chemicals.

So you guys are saying even if (insert your favorite yoyo champs name here) said “Duuuuude, this bearing is the greatest thing since man invented fire and you GOT to get one” it would still be a cold day in the hot place before you spent a hundred bucks on a bearing?

Yup, I’m a cheapskate. I have only ever spent ~$100 on yoyoing, and that was when I bought the two 888x’s I -used- to own. I don’t have that kind of money sitting around, nor do I feel that ANY yoyo needs an accessory that expensive, EVER. Even if I did have the money, I would NEVER buy something that stupid. Maybe if someone gave me no crap numbers on it’s functionality, THEN, I would only consider it, but as far as it goes at this moment, that is a blatant slap in the consumer’s face. I thought Ceramic KKs were a rip off >.> Why would ANYONE need this?

yes

I would buy it if it was like a KK. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather slice my finger open. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man that’s a killer deal. I heard this bearing has antigravitational properties - if you buy two and loop with them, you can actually fly*.

*Results may vary.

Yeah the results vary, I was looping with two of these and I started to noclip underground! It took my dad 2 hours to dig me out and I almost suffocated except the bearings also create pockets of oxygen* when used so I was able to breath those!

*results may vary

I emailed the seller and asked if they had any testimonials on the product (figuring they didnt) and the reply was that they do not recomened the bearing for yoyo use as its extreamly fragile.
The ebay listing CLEARLY says YOYO BEARING!!!
What a rip-off.

It only says yoyo bearing becuse it is the right size. They are desinged to be spun in chemicals, or in extermly long sustained high speeds. Nether are something a yoyoer would consider positive atrabutes. All of these bearing that are the right size for a yoyo are marked that way.

New anno techniques anybody?
I know absolutely very little about the process other then there’s chemicals and magic involved, but I bet if the yoyo was spinning while it was in the tank some crazy anno voodoo might happen

Might be worth looking into

The portion of anodizing that involves nasty chemicals only prepares the metal for dye by making its surface porous. After that the yo-yo is dyed in a similar manner as any kid dyeing his plastic yo-yo. A fancy bearing wouldn’t be of any use during either of those processes.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me mrcnja :slight_smile:
Now I see no reason to drop $100 on a bearing haha