Anyone tried the Hybrid Fulvia and sOMEThING Speeder?

Has anyone tried both? How do they compare to each other given that they’re both inspired by YoYoJam products?

2 Likes

Alu rims feels light and fun.
Speeder is much lighter and more speedy
Fulvia hybrid is better for overall tricks
Just choose what looks better for you and your hand.

1 Like

I was wondering earlier today how the hybrid Fulvia compares to the speedaholic hybrid. I think my next throw is gonna be a hybrid but there’s so many options right now… Been going back and forth.

For a hybrid there are a bunch of options. I really love my monarch and my iceberg. I have a beater hybrid I enjoy but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea the overthrow.

3 Likes

2nd the Monarch.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input.

I’ve tried the new speeder and the recent plastic luftverks but not the hybrid. The speeder is a bit slippery on the string, whereas I like the responsiveness of plastic fulvia and 000. I’m curious if, in terms of overall feel, the hybrid fulvia is closer to the speeder than the plastic luftverks, since these two hybrids are designed based on yoyojam models.

1 Like

Just checked the monarch. The colorways are eye catching!

2 Likes

Agree. Several companies have been releasing hybrid models recently and I’m intrigued by how they perform (even the prototypes).

Current releases of SHFX have sold out very fast. I hope they make more quantities soon.

1 Like

I’m also really excited for the hybrid rectifier pre release

2 Likes

If I had the choice between the Speeder and Fulvia, it would be the Speeder everytime. The Speeder was one of the few yoyos I’ve played at DXL that left a really big impression on me. Most throws are great, but they don’t give me the feeling of “I need this in my collection.” like the Speeder did.

The Fulvia feels more modern, doesn’t give me any YYJ vibes or feelings at all if that’s what you want. It feels and plays like a bimetal with tons of power in a shape that’s kinda… egregiously large, sharp and uncomfortable when YYJ were the complete opposite, being small, comfy, and organic - on top of the play not being similar to yoyojams.

It’s extremely difficult to quantify into words, but basically the Speeder has the “it” factor like a YYJ does, the Fulvia, more performance oriented misses the mark for me if we’re trying to find something comparable to a YYJ.

4 Likes

Monarch is one of my favorite yoyos at the moment.

2 Likes

I second @suspense opinion on the Speeder. It definitely has this ‚It‘ factor and it is my favorite hybrid of all time. Fast, zippy and there’s sOMETHING (:wink:) about it that feels just right. The Iceberg is a close second one to me but it’s on the verge of being overpowered in my opinion. Therefore it lacks a little bit in terms of fun factor I feel. It’s a perfect throw for inventing and practicing tricks though because it spins forever and it is super stable. I was wondering why nobody mentioned the Mowl Surveil yet. It’s in the same ball park as the Iceberg but a bit more refined and balanced.

1 Like

Why does it say on yoyoexpert the speeder is coming soon? The monarch looks really nice. The mowl surveil looks awesome too. There’s so many, I found even more hybrids today I never knew existed. It’s wild to me they arent seen much in contests.

edit: Just read the speeder wasn’t widely produced.

1 Like