Anyone Else Love the Magic K2 Crystal?

I swear, this thing is one of the best budget plastics ever! I have three of them myself, and bought one for a buddy for Christmas. I find myself throwing this thing the majority of the day if I’m honest, especially on the go! I own some serious metals like the Rectifier and Duncan Grasshopper, and I’ll still reach for this one!

There’s just something about that square shape and weight that allows me to nail and learn tricks so much easier.

Thoughts/experiences?

3 Likes

The k2 was my 2nd throw after getting back into the hobby, and I still use it to practice my 5a!

1 Like

Gave it to a friend and regretted it. Really good plastic throw, and I have some great memories of it with offstring!

1 Like

Yup! It’s very good. I din’t have one, but two if my friends do and i’m always impressed when i throw them. Great 5a throw.

1 Like

That was my first yoyo I ever bought six months ago! :heart:

2 Likes

There’s all sorts of packages available on Amazon for quite cheap right now; you can get a new one for $12-15 depending the color! I just got a two pack for $18; leaving one responsive for looping, and keeping the other in my desk!

2 Likes

I’m someone who constantly recommends the K2 for people who are low on funds and want to get something decent.

That said…I personally also think everyone should just pony up a little more and get a Shooting Star because it’s just THAT much better a starter.

But if you’ve got less than $20 and want a decent plastic starter get the K2 Crystal for sure.

5 Likes

crystal for me is like a PC version of yyj classic with Fspin, its good but I ended sold it to a local player coz I don’t play it too much anymore.

1 Like

I can tell just by the inner walls I wouldn’t like playing with that one, despite it looking nice! I swear the K2’s are steeper. There’s just something about that square, stiff shape of the K2!

Next step up for me for plastics would be the FULVIA!

Fulvia is also good. I own one. But I still prefer the Shooting Star.

2 Likes

Can’t really go wrong with the K2, comes with all the essentials to get started and is so affordable. It was my reintroduction back into the hobby after almost 25 years and I haven’t looke back.

2 Likes

I’m reading the SS is a full-plastic version of the Iceberg, but looks totally different? What am I missing?

It’s fairly similar. Same size measurements. Similar cups. Similar shapes. Just the Iceberg is more extreme because the shooting star needs very thick rims to get all the weight in the right places where the icerberg just has the steel rims. I have them right next to each other on a shelf…they’re actually VERY similar.

1 Like

I LOVE the Iceberg; does the SS play similarly or is the obvious weight obvious, etc?

It plays similar… for a plastic… if that makes sense

I’m the same ,I just got back into yo-yoing , I own 2 shooting stars , and decided to get a couple of K2’s on a package deal as an everyday , at work, in my car , anywhere throw , and I can’t believe the bang for your buck .

But I’ll be clear, the Shooting Star is the superior throw in all aspects , actually I find the SS better than most yo-yos period , they rival quality throws period .; but the K2 is great for practice , not having to worry about the odd “Accident “ .

Jack

2 Likes

You’re the second K2 enjoyer that’s mentioned the Shooting Star, so now I’ll probably have to investigate myself!

1 Like

The Shooting Star surprised me , I bought it blind , heard it was a great starter yo-yo , then I did some research and found out that it’s as good as most yo-yos out there , just under competition level … looks at some of video review , once I saw those , I was thrilled that I bought them , I keep 1 as response till and the other unresponsive, just mastering the Binds for now , but you can get away with just one , comes with both bearings … plays as well as a $90 th how.

But the K2 blew me away for the price and performance.

Jack

1 Like

If you watch Alexander Noot’s videos on the Shooting Star , comparing them to the competition , you’ll be sold for sure .

Jack

1 Like