Anyone else love Superyo Renegades?

Superyo Renegades play a big part in modern yoyo play as a lot of hugely influencing trick concepts were developed on them.
They were also the first yoyo I ever got as a kid that truly made me feel like a “pro” and boosted my trick making ability.

Shown here are :
Pre production prototype, first run black with hex nut, second run white, two marble special color ways, final run of superyo before rebranding.

Love these things. Also, if anyone has a glow version you would sell, let me know!

14 Likes

I had one of the white ones growing up but must’ve given it away in a trade or something b/c I can’t find it anymore. Definitely a fan of the throw, was one of the first nice yoyos I got, I remember picking it out of the Infinite Illusions catalog in like fifth or sixth grade.

2 Likes

I love my renegades. Sometimes a glow pops up on eBay now and again.

7 Likes

My Oreo Renegade special edition from Yoyoguy.com is still one of my favorites from the 90s. The additional weight rings made it one of the best Renegade releases.

I’ve got about half a dozen regular Renegades all told, mostly with hex nuts.

8 Likes

Everyone should have a SuperYO! Renegade in the collection, its a classic, mine is a Marbled Blue

7 Likes

I like to cut em up🤓

Those 2 ‘modded’ Renegades were machined for press fit Viper hubs. Stock blue and the other stripped and polished at least 15 years ago(at least).

13 Likes

Since Mo busted out the mods… figure I’ll show my collection, plus my middle school attempts to mimic his talents.

14 Likes

A little late here, but I did take this photo the other day…

9 Likes