ANY VINTAGE GAMERS?

I do a bit of unofficial console collecting. By that, I mean I just never put them away as long as they don’t break.

Currently, I have a 2600, NES, Jaguar, Super Nes, Dreamcast, N64, and PS1/2 all hooked up in some manner or another to my old CRT tv. I’ve had more systems than that but the rest kicked the bucket. Unfortunately I don’t get around to them as much as I used to. I have all 3 current gen consoles and XBL Arcade, PSN, and Virtual Console all vie for my attention with regard to simpler, older games. Having all the consoles really isn’t really much relevant anymore.

What I do like though is the recent push toward modern downloadable games that use the style and gameplay of older games, but bring in some modern twists. Braid, Limbo, Fez and a few others have been some of my favorite games of this generation.

I play Pokemon Yellow on a Gameboy Color. My friends all play CoD and such and call me a “hipster gamer.”

lol, have you tried the later pokemon games on the Nintendo DS yet? I stopped at Emerald.

I play/have played all of the Pokemon games. My favorite games of all time are Pokemon Blue ,MK3, and COD WAW.

I have my Sega Genesis w/ a ton of games including Mortal Kombat 1-U3, Street Fighter II, Sonic, etc… I’m super competitive at Road Rash II haha

For NES I have the Marios, original Metal Gear, Zelda, and I’m also super competitive at Super Spike V-Ball. Don’t ask me why…but that’s the most fun game to play drunk(if you’re of age that is) with a bunch of friends.

Still have my old gameboys, gamecube, ps1, gamegear(somewhere)

You name it and I have it. Outside of some of the more obscure consoles like the Magnavox Odyssey or vectrex.
Atari 2600, atari 5200, nes, snes, genesis, dream cast, sega cd, sega saturn, commodore 64, etc.
only major console I don’t have would be a wii.

No way, me too! Stopped at Ruby.

Is a Gamecube vintage yet? Cause I play mine often now. Super Mario Sunshine FTW!

I’ll play you. Pm me your friend code. I don’t hack though.

Mario Kart 64 and WWE vs RAW 64

Im a vintage gamer/collector. I have kept all systems through the years from 2600 to Xbox 360. Just recently picked up a Neo Geo AES system. This one eluded me growing up due to the price of the console and games. My parents were not on board with that…lol.

Next on the list is an Atari Jaguar.

I have a GBC with Pokemon Crystal, Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, and 5 more games.

<3

Before I came here, I was addicted to Pokemon and video gaming. Now I’m taking a break until the new wave of games come out.

Oh, and I use virtual console a lot. Both 3DS and Wii.

I can’t wait for the Wii U… ahh :smiley:

I love Legend of Zelda Link to the Past on my Nintendo

1 Like

I still have the NES I grew up with, along with the Atari 2600. I also have my original Gameboy (The big grey brick), as well as the pocket, color, advance, SP… Also have a Wii, Dreamcast, SNES, PSX, PS3. Gamecube.

Does pinball count as ‘vintage games’? If so, we’ve got 3 of them: Taxi, Whirlwind, and Funhouse! Awesome pinball machines by the way :slight_smile:

Yes i love retro games. I dont even know what i have in my collection anymore. I have a N64 and play Zelda almost everyday, also on the Sega Genesis i play nba hangtime… boom shaka laka!

I envy you. I am dying for a pinball machine!!! Would love a fully restored Medievil Madness…but the price is way out of my league.

I have an old atari hookup to TV, used to be my Dad’s outdated but super fun to mess with.

J

Emerald is the friggin bomb! And the DS ones have good game play but the pokemon quality suffered in black and white. Diamond Pearl and Platinum were all good games but Emerald and before were the best for sure!

sega genesis is where it’s at. blast processing!

I’ve got a bunch of old consoles (Genesis, NES, SNES, N64) that I just don’t have space or time to hook up or play anymore, which is really a shame. Got a good amount of use out of them back in high school, though. Mostly playing Sonic 2. Dreamcast (if it’s vintage enough) was always my favorite console and the one that I kept hooked up, but last summer it stopped reading discs. :frowning:

Though I have just started playing Earthbound for the first time, and I’m enjoying that.

Clearly your not talking about ninja gaiden.