Any TRPG'ers?

I’ve been playing D&D for a little over 10 years now with random other games thrown in to spice things up. DC Heroes, Cyberpunk 2020, and Call of Cthulhu to name a few.

Lately, my TRPG obsessions have been with Dungeon Crawl Classics. This system has basically everything I’ve ever wanted in an RPG. Just curious if anyone else here has a regular tabletop session running and what games you play on the regular.

5 Likes

The last time I played was years ago, but I’m thinking of playing often than not. CoC, Pathfinder, Dark Heresy and Vampire:Masquerade interest me, but I haven’t found a group yet. Some day perhaps, until then I’ma just read up on them. :grinning:

2 Likes

Played table top D&D only thrice in my life. Lost my character sheets twice now…it’s hard to find a dank DM these days though

2 Likes

I’m currently in 2 different D&D campaigns. One weekly and one monthly. Also every other Sunday we have a board game night and we have cycled through various other RPGs one shots: Numenera, Shadow Run, Pathfinder, IRPG.

2 Likes

I hope to be. Me and my girlfriend got a D&D starter set recently and intend to get a group together to start playing, it looks inmcredibly fun (especially as Baldur’s Gate II is my favourite computer RPG game)

1 Like

I’ve messed around with a few online systems for playing. My favorite right now is Tabletop Simulator on steam. Its cheap enough to be accessible for most people and has a really cool visual element that’s hard to get on other systems.

If there’s enough interest then it would be cool to get a monthly or bimonthly YYE game going. I’d be more than happy to DM.

How’d you like Numenera? I’ve looked into it multiple times but haven’t had the chance to play it yet. I’m a huge monte cook fan though and it seems like a killer idea.

I am a fan of it! The system is super interesting to me. I like that the health pools are a resource you use to for different skills and combat and what not.

1 Like

Used to play pathfinder weekly with a group, but over the last few years life just got too busy. We still get together maybe once a month

1 Like

It’s a struggle to keep a group together for any extended period of time. I just recently had one of my longest running d&d buddies move away and it was weeks before we played again.

1 Like

I’m a long-time RPGer but haven’t played in over a decade at this point. I started with 1st edition AD&D back in 1980, switched to Champions in 1983 and never really looked back. I also played plenty of GURPS back in the day, but it was never a favorite of mine. I also dabbled in a few other systems, but always gravitated back to the HERO System.

2 Likes

I first learned D&D in grade school, but later played & even GMed a little bit of Shadowrun. More recently I’ve GMed a bunch of stuff in other systems. Some highlights:

A long campaign of Dungeon World starring a stout sea-faring dwarf warrior, a disinterested shape-shifting (human/snake) bard, a determined elf ranger with a bear pet, a human thief with a heart of gold, and an orc paladin who enjoys both arm wrestling and church. Over the course of 2 years they peeked into a dungeon, investigated an afterlife mystery, traveled to the moon, and then defended a city against a contagious disease.

A 5-mission campaign of The Sprawl where a Soldier, a Hunter, a Driver, and a Fixer struggled against the incredibly flashy and rich megacorp, LuxCorp :tm:, eventually planting a virus in their prototyping hardware that ruined their entire smartphone division.

An ongoing Beam Saber campaign where three mech pilots try to survive in a world that has known nothing but war for hundreds of years.

I normally play once every other week, usually online via roll20.net.

3 Likes