Any Star Wars collectors here who could value some of my vintage toys?

I was chatting with @fatguysnacks247 on another thread when he posted a pic of his Boba Fett stickers, so I dug out my old collection of Star Wars stuff to show him my large Boba Fett toy - it’s the one with the jetpack and reticle you can look through.

I’ve been saving this stuff for my daughter, but she’s not really interested in Star Wars, so I figure I should probably sell it all - make a few quid for myself and give some joy to a serious collector.

9 Likes

@bobafret @adamantiumpops

5 Likes

I can post more detailed pics if anyone’s interested.

1 Like

As much as I’d love to help, I was always a ‘play with it til it breaks’ kinda kid. Other than browsing eBay or finding a collector’s Reddit I wouldn’t know where to start with an appraisal.

3 Likes

Lol - I was pretty much the exact opposite! I played with my Star Wars stuff a lot when I was a kid but it’s all still in pretty good condition. Not mint though, which I know most collectors are looking for.

Edit - apart from my toy cars which I really enjoyed smashing into each other :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah I’m not really expert on toy value sorry! I spend my money to turn into an action figure but have very few Star Wars toys. Cool Boba Fett though!!!

3 Likes

@AaronW ?

2 Likes

I’ve been out of the action figure scene for a long time. If I remember they made two different Boba’s like that, the first one he was able to shoot the missile, kids were poking their eyes out or something so they remade them so that the missile couldn’t be shot. I can’t tell 100% which yours is, but looks like the permanent missile. The earlier ones were more valuable. But as far as price :man_shrugging: and I may even have the action figure confused with another, sorry :rofl:

There were entire forums dedicated to StarWars toys, I’d check with one of those, or do some searches on ebay. Is there a makers mark anywhere on it? They used to put the brand and the year on them, that would help you narrow it down.

edit: Type in “Vintage Boba Fett 12” in ebay, will give you an idea if you find one in similar shape and with the similar accessories.

Also, just a warning, action figure collectors are a peculiar lot, one reason I left the hobby. You think some yoyoers are particular about condition, wait til you miss something on an action figure :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks dude - my Boba Fett has seen some serious action in his time, admittedly mainly against Lego men but still… he was victorious every time!

2 Likes

Yeah, mine’s the one with the non hospital-visit-inducing rocket pack :frowning: - those things are worth crazy money these days.

I’m pretty sure it’s one of the earliest that would have been made (barring the rocket firing ones) - I was born in '76 and I’ve had since at least the age of 4, so probably 1980.

I’ll search for the forums you mentioned - thanks for the info.

I managed to remove his belt and rocket packet and the information on his back and the rocket pack itself reads as follows:

© CPG PRODUCTS CORP. 1979 BY ITS DIV. KENNER PRODUCTS CINCINNATI. OHIO 45202
CAT. NO. 39140 MADE IN HONG KONG

Any idea if this is a desirable one?

Edit - I played with it a lot (one of my favourites) so it’s certainly not mint, but I’ve always been pretty careful with my stuff so there are some signs of wear but no actual damage. The rocket pack, belt and cape are all present - can’t remember if it came with anything else.

It has been quite a wile for me in the Star Wars collecting world. I may be able to offer some help but take it for what it’s worth.
I did the same. Thing with my Star Wars toys. I kept them after playing with them in the 70’s and 80’s thinking my kids would enjoy them. And they did! My daughters were the perfect age for the prequels and they played with all of my vintage stuff mixed in with the 90!s 2000’s stuff. That made it all worth wile for me. After they grew out of it. They are both in their 20’s now I lost track of most of the loose stuff in moves and a divorce.
As far as values, it’s tough. Things go for what people are willing to pay at that moment. Loose, played with figures will not bring much money. The 12” boba might be the exception as he is desirable. Though it does not look like you have all the extras. That will hurt the value. The collectors willing to pay the big prices you see listed are usually looking for mint in package. Some only high grade.
In my opinion you will never get enough money for loose figures and vehicles that will offset the nostalgia of having the toys. My opinion, hold on to them. If you sell them the money won’t be much and gone quick. One day you will be looking at vintage toys on eBay wishing you didn’t sell yours. I have been there.
Anyway, there are a few vintage Star Wars toy forums that could point you in the right direction if you really want to sell. Just do a quick Google search. You will find them.

Good luck if you sell but I sure hope you choose not to.
Daniel