Any organic lovers interested in the next Spinworthy Flying Lemon Prototype?

I want to do another run of my Flying Lemon prototype. I’m trying to iron out some kinks.

The yoyo’s specs are:

Material: 7075 AL
Diameter: 50mm
Width: 44mm
Gap : 4.3mm
Bearing: 2 beefcaked MR85 bearings
Response pads: RBC Pad
Axle: M4, 12mm
Weight; 58g approx.
Feels: Maximum

Here are some pictures of the cad and cross section:

Bear in mind that this is an experimental design.

Please let me know if you are interested in pre-paying for a prototype. It will likely be at the $110 mark shipped (for US forum members).

Please note, I will only choose a few of you. I will let you know if you are chosen. Please don’t be annoyed if you miss out.

Hopefully this prototype turns out really well. If it does, I plan to do a small run of them and have them sold here on YYE (if @AndreBoulay and @YoYoExpertEric might be interested)

Thanks everyone.

24 Likes

Interested!

3 Likes

Here it is, boys and girls and everyone in between!!! Don’t miss out!

3 Likes

BEYOND INTERESTED @Glenacius_K sign me up. Add me to the list

2 Likes

Interested @Glenacius_K

3 Likes

Interested @Glenacius_K (Australian based thrower)

2 Likes

Looks nice. Such a great name! :joy:

4 Likes

what will be weight of yoyo @Glenacius_K ??

it is very easy to get the fairly accurate estimate by using the CAD unit volume and multiplying it by 7075 alumimum density! We do this very often and proto come very close to number we get

i have great interest if i can know the weight!!

2 Likes

I’m in for 1 if picked. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

i am very interested in this one, total sucker for an organic, even if it’s a lemon…

2 Likes

I’d be interested in one. Thx

1 Like

Interested.

1 Like

Interested in a v2 and once I get to mess with my v1 I’ll set it as a quick pif to let folks see what the potential is here

3 Likes

What will the Gap width be on a single MR85 in this design?

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I shot you something already as well, but just to cover my bases on here, I’m in also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

2.5mm less than stock approximately

1 Like

Really interested in.
2 beefcaked MR85 bearings for this kind of under sized throw will be lots of fun.
Can’t wait to try!

2 Likes

This will all come down to which width bearing Mr. Glen is designing around. The possibilities are intriguing. Bearing seat depth, if accounted for correctly, could give this model a lot of possibilities. Responsive Organic, Beef Caked Unresponsive. User Preference.

2 Likes

@Glenacius_K interested!

Your cousin from Texas.

1 Like