The x shots low key are dummy good

Yea x shot is sleeper good.

Some shots from Foamcon, Endwar, and the Foam Pro Tour :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That last pic is gold with the bandana

:laughing: You always look surprised in pics! :flushed:

Yeah I rarely just smile in pics lol.

1 Like

Ok so have any of you seen the Dartzone pro stuff? 150fps (expected)

1 Like

Heck yea! If they’re under $80 that’s going to change the game a bit in regards to the hobby.

You can’t make the springs too “powerful” or kids will get hurt doing something really dumb, and legal teams will sue everyone into oblivion.

At least Rivals go to 100fps, happy to get that, heck in Australia or whatever they can’t even sell Rival!

Also of note

It looks like its going to be available from their site only.

The new low-cost “we desperately need cheaper blasters to compete with Dart Zone” releases are called Nerf Alpha Strike and more info is here

As long as they aren’t total junk that’s great. I’m excited about the pro dart stuff. If it’s cheaper to get to a pro level I’m all for it .

The series in question isn’t catering to the standard market of foam blasters.

It’s hobbyist Grade like Worker or some equivalent company.

1 Like

Check it out @HVizier I just ordered this

Yeah that’s what we were talking about earlier.

It’s a bit pricey imo, but out of box performance like that is pretty great, and it seems very well made.

Drac says it is a great value for what you get – and a lot of the 3d printed stuff apparently melts in the sun?

While it is a very capable blaster, I’m just not seeing anything in its build that would drive the cost over the $120 range, and the only reason I’m giving it that is the aluminum parts.

Take what Drac says with a grain of salt. They literally gave him serial #1 for that review. He has been in their pocket for quite some time.

As for 3d printer blasters melting in the sun, that’s unfortunately true. PLA will warp if left in direct heat for extended periods of time, but seeing as though literally all of Drac’s (and at least 70% of competitive foam flinging) personal primary blasters are 3d printed, I would consider that drawback very manageable.

With all of that said, this is still a great blaster. I just can’t justify the purchase when I already have 2 Caliburns hitting harder, shooting further, and doing both more accurately. I can’t wait to see the mods for this thing though. It’s easily the best out of the box foam blaster that’s been released to date.

Added: if we’re referring to his verbiage in the video, his statement of “by the time you’ve added up the hardware and printed parts to make a Caliburn that hits like this (or some equivalent) you will have spent this much.” isn’t true.

A Caliburn kit from the creator himself is $125 ($150 fully assembled), and hits in the 190-210fps range. If you have a capable 3d printer and just buy the hardware kit you could make a Caliburn for under $100 that hits the same 190-210fps.

I always assumed your avatar was Peter Dinklidge

4 Likes

Lol nah that’s me