Any Car guys? Post what you have/What you like.

They are about half that in the states.

You lucky ducks…

Yeah they are about half that price, so they start around $60k or so, but go up very quickly. I think they typically spec out at around $75-$90k. Ordering a Porsche is a very interesting experience as you can specify every little detail about the car. I got mine with red seat belts! :smiley: (and PDK, Bose, Ventilated Seats, Light Design Package, Sport wheel, etc.)

I didn’t find the interior too noisy, but it’s a sports car, so you have to expect a little bit of engine rumble.

I didn’t find the interior any more noisy than most high end sports car5s (though my experience is limited to only a few) but much louder than a luxury car. My problem is that I drive 2.5 hours each way every few weeks to visit family, and the elevated stereo levels and road/wind noise take a toll on me. I have tinnitus and hearing damage from an accident when I was in my 20s.To any normal person, it is a non issue I’m sure.

I’m jealous though, they are pretty sexy cars. I’m thinking the new tesla 4x4 may be a contender for my next car at this point. A lot less sexy.

Ahh, I can totally understand your situation. My cousin has very bad tinnitus and it really takes a toll on him. Totally agree on the elevated noise vis-a-vis a luxury car.

Why don’t you get the Tesla Model S? It’s very sexy, silent and ridiculously fast. There’s a few of them at my work.

Jason

Perhaps the model S. I’m holding out until late next year to buy. I am torn between the idea of a really nice fun car, and an airplane. I’m starting pilot lessons in the spring. We’ll see how I like it. I live in new england, so I need a winter car as well. I may just go with a practical car and a plane. ;D We’ll see how much I enjoy piloting my own plane. Unfortunately, my funds aren’t limitless, and I can’t afford a sports car and an airplane. :-\

I really like the Scion FRS and Nissan Skyline GTR. What are your opinions on these cars? God Bless - Moefv

FR-S is cool, Toyota designed Subaru built, can’t go wrong there. I would opt for the BR-Z over the Scion model, though. And it should, by all means, be turbo-charged. So ill stick with the WRX/STi line(plus I need the AWD).

I’d kill for a GTR. The things keep up(or stomp on)with McLarens, LFAs, Ferrari’s, Lambos, you name it. For 1/4 or less of the price. Yes please! Bit out of my league, though.

Can not wait to pay off my WRX so I can pick up an STi and get to swapping/rebuilding! :smiley:
Apologies for the bad quality, but this is what I’m driving. Just working on getting it running really healthy right now, previous owners weren’t as educated as I had hoped, some parts added that aren’t proper for this application and whatnot. They’re very picky cars. Anything that isn’t fixable will be taken out when I do the sswap, though, so no biggie.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s212/MBreilein/20130813_154819-1_zps75bf1ee7.jpg

I’m into cars, probably not as much as the older people on the forum (considering the fact that I’m 13). My favorite car right now is probably the Scion FRS. I’d love to own one when I grow older. I’ve always been a Scion fan, also a Mitsubishi fan (Eclipse) and a Nissan fan.

I can’t wait for the Nissan Skyline GTR [R34] to turn 25 years old so I can import one straight from Japan to California without complying to smog and/or regulations. Always wanted a GTR :]
The Toyota 86 [Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ] is also a good car, but I’d rather have the old school AE86.

We have two things very much in common…

1. We both yoyo.
  2. We both have the same taste in cars…

I have been thinking about selling my supra, and looking for something else. I would love if it were easier to import skylines. :slight_smile: If I were to look for a skyline though I would want a r32. But I was thinking after selling the supra, looking for an evo. What do you guys think?

Looking to sell this:

To Get this:
http://cars-database.com/data_images/gallery/03/subaru-forester-sti/subaru-forester-sti-03.jpg

Just sold my GTR (not called a skyline guys ;)). I loved it very much but maintenance and having children finally made me decide to get rid of her. Fastest most stable car money can buy for sure when compared to competitors. It was 2010 dark metallic grey with a few mods. Estimated hp was over 600 at the wheels. Cobb tuning really opened the electronics up for ease of tune ability without having to spend $15k-20k on upgrades. Ill get another one eventually. I took all the money from the sale and dumped it into my home theater lol. Kinda crazy but get to enjoy the theater whenever I want where couldn’t really enjoy the car more than a few times a month.

The Skyline GT-R, based on the Skyline range, was the predecessor to the GT-R. He may have been referring to that, otherwise the Skyline is under the Infiniti badge these days.

I bet getting that thing to put 600 to the wheels was super easy. Must’ve been as simple as going Stage 2. Jealous, over here!

The Skyline GT-R is the model that came out before the Nissan GT-R came out. God Bless - Moefv

Is it a Mark IV? If so, then yes, an evo seems like a perfect upgrade. (Save some money for mods too ;))

No such thing as skyline GTR. There were skyline GT-R32, Gt-R34…etc. The Nissan GTR came out in both the US and Japan. There is a GTR spec but not a skyline gtr.

Yes just Cobb access port tuning and exhaust plus mild motor mods. The exhaust costs were high though. Every major car tuning shop and performance parts shops all jumped on the GTR bandwagon to make money and set records. The car is insane! My dream car was a Porsche 911 TT as a child and could have bought a used turbo s or a new gtr and went with the gtr. Porsche and gtr are neck and neck performance wise but haven’t driven the top Porsche models so can’t speak on handling.

Currently torn between an AE86 or E30.
I love old school cars, so I want either one of those cars. But the only issue is that it’s hard to find an eight-six around. Especially in good condition. People are selling their 86 for a few thousand even though it’s pretty much crappy. *sigh.