Angel Hair Anyone? [PICS]

Hey guys I’m back for my 2nd review on this site (1st was my Bassalope review)… tell me what you think, and if you have any questions, comments or feedback on my thread post a comment and i’ll reply! i’de first like to thank everyone who gave me awesome responses and feedback on my previous thread so i hope you guys will like this one as well…

Ok, i hear mixed reviews on this product so i figured i would step in and give a little more insight on Angel Hair String. I ordered a 5 pack of strings with mixed feelings on wether i would love it or hate it, and my verdict? well let me explain:

Out Of The Box (err, should I say envelope):
STIFF STIFF STIFF! i pulled it out of the envelope and was like “really?” it felt like everyone said it would…fishing wire… and judging by the pics, you can tell how stiff the string was… a very plastic feel to it. But i wasn’t going to let first impressions hinder my thoughts. so i took one string out and threw it on my bass and took it for a test run. i always heard that when you put it on your finger it either cuts off circulation or doesn’t lock at all, well in that sense i had absolutely no problems with it. it locked just as good as a cotton or polyester string, but at first the tricks were a little shaky… i’ll admit, i wasn’t too impressed with this product and was about to toss it. But instead, i kept pushing its limits and tried every trick i knew just to see how it can stack up to my polyester string. Well i must have been standing there for a few hours only to realize tricks were getting easier and easier…

The Play:
Well like i said, at first it was a pain to get some stuff going because of how stiff it was… couldnt do slack string, couldnt really do tricks like White Buddha or And Whut, because it would cause the yoyo to tilt or respond… but after some time giving the string some TLC it was getting better and better… The next day i grabbed the bass and started doing some routines ive been working on trying to see how well this string really plays…(Some hours later/Long story short)… A DREAM! it was playing amazing! slack strings no problem, string tricks no problem, very rarely coiled up like usual strings do. i even added some slack tricks into some routines of mine just because it was that much easier to do them. the bass practically floated on the string… i had this sense of control over my yoyo i never really felt before (sounds cheesy i know) but thats the best way to explain it. and after two days of about 8 hours (throughout the day not 8hrs straight) of play it had no sense of wear AT ALL! take a look at the pics, both had just about the same amount of play, the bottom is my polyester string and the top is the Angel Hair… i tried to match the play time just for this review to make a comparison.

Overall Experience:
This string is definitely my favorite now, and on all of my throws… I’ve tried a lot of strings and so far this one is easiest for me. Although this string wont be for everyone its definitely a string people should try. I think the description of this string was best said by yoyoguy.com which he said “if you show this string some love, itll love you back” so if you dont mind taking the time to break it in, im sure you wont be let down. so in my conclusion to all of this, i give the Angel Hair String a 9.2 out of 10… only because the .8 is how much of a pain it is to break it in haha… thanks for reading!!!

PICS:

Out of the Envelope:
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii366/MikeyMota24/IMG_4908.jpg

Top: Angel Hair Bottom:100% Polyester String:
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii366/MikeyMota24/IMG_4909.jpg

1 Like

OMG. Its look like plastic. I will buy it too for test.

Good review!

Thanks Man glad it helped! lol yea i was what the heck? did i buy the wrong string? haha

Does it make yoyo very unresponsive?

Yes very actually, its thinner then most strings so it makes the gap a tiny tiny bit bigger… but the biggest thing is its plastic feel, because its so slippery it causes the yoyo to sleep longer, smoother, and make it really unresponsive… some bind returns wont catch sometimes because of how slippery it is. so you have to give it an extra loop swoop and pull lol… i hope this helped

Ok.

I just got some of this and was about to give up due to the stiffness, thanks to your review I’ll keep going with it and see how much better it gets, thanks!

yea man no problem, im glad this helped you out. just give it time and itll get better i promise lol…

Freakin sweet review man! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Vivo!