andre boulay

The original poster is driving the bus…he has the card. I will!

Infinite respect if you do, this whole convo is a sly balls deep trap haha

??? Wow… I must be ritchy rich then? I asked Andre for a signed card and he has sent me one every time now. Im up to 6 signed 2011 Andre cards.

I would prefer a holster tho. Artists are cool. Hehe

Why don’t you sell all six to total? ;D

Actually it depends. Here in Romania there is no pro ( or even pro-ish) scene, so i for one would pay like 12 bucks for one since that is what i can afford atm, but i really would like one. So to me it’s worth at least $12. For someone else it might be the difference in shipping from us to their country instead of the regular shop they buy from(about 60 dollars in the case Romania), since that is the only way they could get one. Value for stuff like this is highly subjective

Id give him 2 and a signed 2011 Daniel Dietz card ;D

Okay, here’s my theory on this, cause I’m from another planet, but not as crazy as you might think. The card is actually worth about $1,000 to me, but this is how I bid $100. I’m a huge fan of Andre for the reasons I posted in the “most well rounded in the industry” thread. Revisit that for the reasons. From there, once I got a signed Andre card this past Spring, it lessened the value of the original poster’s card for me…personally, just because the second card is worth less because I’ve got one already. So, I valued it at $500 after that. But, then I thought…hmmm I have a signed Dark Magic yo-yo so I have his signature again, and the poster’s card was now worth only $300. Then, I thought hmmm, I have a signed Trinity, so…I have another signature so the card is worth…$150. Then I thought, hmmm…I also took a picture with him like a true groupie…and I was paid for making the holders so he signed a check. Even though I went from bank to bank asking them to let me cash it and keep the original check but they refused…I took pics of it and photocopied it, so I had another signature and so the poster’s card value went down to $100. Now after all this posting about the card, it would be cool for Andre to tell people that a fan paid $100 for his signed card. Not only would I have another signed card, but I’d be the fan who did it. That story alone is worth $100. ;D.

So, I’d pay a lot less for the guy’s cards who has six of them, but not because each card is not worth $1000 each, but because the way I value them personally changed due to the value of the Andre Boulay signature stuff I already have. If I were Andre, I would only sign things in person, less signatures, less signed cards exist, value for fans like me goes up.

I had to give you guys plenty to read today!

1 Like

^lol for real. :D. I must take screen shots to save the whole thread.

Well darn. So close. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol not even sure what to say to this other than w.t.f… It’s time to get off the forums and go outside. Serious.

I figured that would kinda end things here, but it happened sooner than I thought. :wink:

It’s the simple theory of diminishing returns.

Think cookies.

You have a plate of cookies. You eat one and you’re like “wow, that’s great”, but then each one, each being equal, provides a bit less “satisfaction”.

So, I guess I got a $100 card sitting in my collection. Unless I see a “gift” show up in my Paypal, it’s gonna sit in my collection. If I do see $100 land as a gift in my Paypal account with an address, I’ll same day first class send that out. I’m only considering unloading this due to price and the fact that I have clients who are refusing to pay their invoices. I’m not not really keen on giving up this card though.

It’s paypal @ the .com variant of my domain!

I also deal with people who sell autographs. I’ve yet to see an authenticated signed Andre Boulay card. However, at the same point, I have no reason to doubt the authenticity.

I wonder how much my Ed Haponik is worth… I wish I asked John Narum to sign the card he sent me!

In the meantime, my phone will alert me to Paypal activity, so unless I hear the alert, I’ll just go frustrate myself with learning Kwijibo and having one heck of a great time doing so.

You have almost 5,000 posts and can’t do kwijibo? This thread keeps blowing my mind. No offense of course.

It’s very difficult for me to learn stuff. I’m an older thrower. Also, finding a place I can throw is difficult, as well as being allowed to throw without someone(or a dog) walking through the “danger zone”. I have to prioritize what little work I can do. Like, typically during the day, I’m on the phone sitting on hold with clients I am trying to do tech support for. I then spend 6-9 months with thes same client trying to collect on the invoice I sent for the support services I invoiced them for. I spend MORE time trying to collect money than I do earning it.

“Well, why don’t you use a headset on your phone so you can throw while you’re on the phone”. I hate headsets, although the earphones on my iPhone are pretty decent, but I don’t want to do cable management. BlueTooth sets always suck, over-ears are not loud enough to block out the ambient noise I call “the kids and the dogs” and the in-ear ones, well, as an audio guy, I really don’t like stuff IN my ears if I can avoid it. Also, I got a bad infection in my left ear one time because of moisture being trapped due to in-ear usage from being on the telephone.

I’m 40. I started in May 2011, while I was 39. The yoyo is always something that I wanted to do as far back as I could remember. When I got one as a child, it was an utter failure and it was a bad experience for multiple reasons, yet, apparently the want to do this never went away. Plus, couple that with periods where I am forced to not throw for days or weeks at a time, and it doesn’t help me progress faster. McBride’s Roller Coaster took me 2 months to learn and that 1.5 mount still gives me grief but I can do it. In contrast, Buddha’s Revenge, while still needing some work, I got in 2 days. The Matrix took me 3 months and I still work on it as I can’t do the trapeze/ferris wheel portion smoothly, but I can do it.

I’m used to stuff that doesn’t require the kind of coordination that the yoyo takes. But, it’s all good! I’m having a tremendous amount of fun. It’s just slow for me to pick up stuff. I’m fine with that. No offense taken, none assumed and I didn’t think any was implied.

And interestingly enough, I have NOT received a Paypal notification at this point in time. I got envelopes and can mail out today… just saying…

I would still buy from “the original poster” anytime. We have had no bad issues, so offer still stands for HIM. He posted this, so he gets the benefit of the bid. Value is also dependent upon who you are willing to trust in payment. The original poster can PM. I’m “outside” like the above guy recommended. I’m out this thread…peace.

Oh, it’s real.

I asked him to sign it.

I don’t collect cards.
But now I’m hungry for cookies.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I totally believe you.

Are there any other cards you needed from my “trade off” pile? Let me know!

You know what I find ironic is collectible things are worth as much as someone is willing to pay (duh, stating obvious), yoyos are one collectible thing that actually holds and sometimes increases in real value. Unlike say the room full of comic books I once had to save up for retirement (except my Chris Ware comics, those people are actually willing to pay ridiculous amounts for, the rest are just mouse litter)

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter