An Oral History Of The End

I chatted with Phil Cox (the co-owner of Yes, Absolutely!) and Nick Corea (the yo-yo modding legend also known as Ferral Parrot) about a yo-yo called The End. We talked about what the boutique yo-yo scene was like in the 2000s, how modding influenced the design, the origin of schmoove grooves, and much more. It’s a long chat, but casual and informative. I think there’s something in here for everyone.

19 Likes

I remember way back then.

Modder are really cool.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Wow! Well done. I’ve been wondering about the origin of the schmoove groove (despite the hint in the engraving on the End).

Has anyone ended a fluchs? I’ve seen an spr but I can’t remember seeing this mod done to a fluchs. Also great video docpop!

3 Likes

You ever do an audio only version?

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting poetic phrases like “metalic diarrhea.” Loving this.

2 Likes

Yeah, I show mine off at about 5 minutes in to this interview with Jake Bullock PopCast Bonus: An Interview with Jake Bullock - YouTube

1 Like

I haven’t. It’s already a bit of work to make the video itself. I just haven’t had the energy to do an audio version and then have to learn about setting up podcast feeds and RSS again. If there was much interest I might try.

2 Likes

i had an ended fluchs and the work was superb. it’s floating around the bsts now

It’s been done on a few. Wouldn’t recommend it, much like the original End, the walls are too thin for it, doesn’t make for a durable yoyo. The original Fluchs is amazing, no need to mess with an original like that :grin:

I agree! I’m a podcast listener and I very seldom get a chance watch an actual YouTube video these days…
A lot of other podcast I follow stream on YouTube at the same time of recording and then later put it to a podcast.

1 Like

These are gold, thank you for putting them together

4 Likes