alter ego or clyw. do they both play just as good?

does the alter ego play just as good as a clyw? does anyone own both?

Alter Ego is a yoyo. CLYW is a company. If you have a specific CLYW model that you’re trying to compare to the Alter Ego, that will probably get you better results. Good luck!

I think what we have run into here is the clyw fandom disease. People are starting to think that the very top of the yoyo chain are clyw’s.
This idea is caused by the hype that clyw is so good at making.

the Alter Ego is unlike any yoyo i have played before. It fits my hand nicely and is quite fun to play. This is my preference and also my preference is to stay away from clyw’s because of their price tag and that i don’t really care for how they play except for a few very select models from their company.

The only yoyo i know of that is close to an alter ego is the prodigy. Both designed for the same player by the same person for two different companies. Dan Dietz signature model for Yomega was the prodigy and his signature model for Spin Dynamics is the Alter Ego.

Of all the clyw models i have played. There is none with the shape or weight distribution close to the Alter Ego. Then again you are trying to compare a single yoyo to a complete lineup of a company. This beyond compare apples to apples, but more like comparing on apple to a complete orchard of various fruits and vegetables.