Alt Bastet by C3yoyodesign! - The first C3 yo-yo featuring a Size D Bearing!

Bastet_Feature
Introducing the pinnacle of the Bastet series, the first C3 yo-yo featuring a size D bearing!

With a width equivalent to the size C bearing but a reduced diameter for heightened centrifugal force, this yo-yo boasts unparalleled power in the history of the Bastet line. Crafted from ultra-durable 7075 Aluminum, its design is an evolution of the first-generation Bastet, incorporating a step-round shape.

Silver-Alt-Bastet Silver-Alt-Bastet-02 Silver-Alt-Bastet-03

While preserving the configuration of the original Bastet, the yo-yo now possesses enhanced stability and responsiveness characteristic of size D bearings. This transformative piece not only maintains its shape with past Bastet versions but also comes in 5 amazing colors!

9 Likes

People embracing the power of D bearing!

3 Likes

I have one of these and it’s AWESOME if anyone is on the fence about it.
Love D-Bearings and it’s up there with one of my faves. Really fantastic play and hand-feel.

2 Likes

Got one from the C3 mystery box. Funky yoyo but big fun once you get used to the experience. Obv being part of the Bastet family it isn’t as compy as other C3 throws so be prepared for a more relaxed throw with the exception of spin power, in which the descriptor is definitely not lying (it is quite the beast in that matter).

1 Like

Can’t wait for D bearings to become the new standard. I bet this feels awesome!

3 Likes

That’s what i’m sayin’!! D bearing for life!!! i don’t think it’ll ever be the standard because there’s still a ton of players who are not converting or just straight up hate D bearings. I think they feel great. They’re “snappy” and powerful. And the D bearing bind is… i was going to say unmatched but the A bearing binds even better. But still. I love the D.

5 Likes

After trying some full sized A bearing yoyos I can definitely see myself making one at some point! :smiley:

2 Likes

Um, can someone explain why the Bastet and Bastet 2 were both $45 but the Alt Bastet is $75? Unless the Alt Bastet is secretly a bi-metal, it’s price strikes me as completely unjustifiable.

7075 Al vs 6061. Also it’s a d-bearing as opposed to C

Yeah, sorry, but that dog don’t hunt.

My working theory is that C3 is trying to shift its brand perception to that of a boutique brand like G2 or One Drop by cranking its prices up; there’s nothing about 7075 or a D bearing that justifies a 67% price hike for what amounts to a pretty conventional Chinese monometal.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Bastet and Bastet 2 yoyos, but $45 was, in my view, the absolute ceiling of value-for-price for yoyos like them, and there’s just no way 7075 and a bearing change is worth another $30. Unless there’s been a global shortage of 7075 aluminum and D bearings that I’m not aware of.

1 Like

Fair enough that it might not be agreeable price-wise. I disagree pretty firmly with the idea that C3 is becoming a boutique brand. If you compare brands like CLYW where you might be paying 90 bucks for a 6061 C bearing I feel that that is too much. With the possible exception of the Alt Bastet and Krown 7075 C3 prices their stuff competitively with other brands, especially their bimetals.

Again though I am a C3 simp so I am looking through a lens with bias, admittedly.

I just think it is unfortunate that the Alt Bastet might languish on the shelves, so to speak, because its price will only appeal to the C3 “simps” (as you call yourself) and the Bastet completist superfans who want every version of it that comes along regardless of price. Which would be a shame because the Bastet design is really nice, and it deserves more attention than it has received, IMO. A $75 price tag will do nothing to get it in the hands of more throwers, which is really too bad.

2 Likes

To be fair i actually agree with you here. I hope I’m wrong but I think that it might also kinda lag in sales potentially because it’s so much different than standard throws from the brand. Either way thanks for being civil about my fanaticism with the brand. For what it’s worth I’ll just end on the point that if you like the Bastet family of throws I personally still think it’s worth the price.

Its entirely possible this Alt Bastet was run in much lower volumes than the other Bastet’s in the past, they also could have experienced QC issues they need to accomodate for. Maybe it is intened to only be run once, and they have to spread development/prototyping costs over less yoyos. There are tons of legitimate reasons for a price hike rather than “we want to be boutique so we’ll raise our prices for no reason”.

1 Like

Perhaps. I’d be curious to know what the price of the Alt Bastet is in mainland China. I’m guessing it isn’t 540 Yuan.

(It is worth noting that all the things mentioned above are hallmarks of small, boutique manufacturers, which C3 most certainly is not, and so releasing and pricing yoyos as if they were is unexpected.)

2 Likes

I’ve had my Alt Bastet for a few months now from when they initially released in Japan. If I recall correctly, they did sell out relatively quickly.

I had the Bastet 2 as well, and I can say there is a noticeable upgrade in the Alt Bastet in terms of quality and performance.

In play, it reminds me a bit of the Capstan 22, though not as laid back and more performance oriented.

3 Likes