All Mods

Hello
Im new to this forum and modding. I was thinking about modding a yoyo soon. Can you make a list of all the mods. The second question is how do you make a schmoove ring look really nice like they always do. They usually look metal coated or painted and I just wanted to know how. Also, how do you dye in a design?
Thank You
Yomega

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,17792.0.html

1 Like

It really depends on what you think the yoyo doesn’t do that you want it to, or what you want it to do better. You can increase the gap, make it heavier or lighter, change the response, etc…

After you’ve played for a bit you’ll get a feel for what you want that’s different than what you buy.

Thank you for the advice. I think I am going to mod an fhz. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice

I can only speak from experience of having had one modified and now I love it for 5A:

This was done by XminusmikeX. Sorry no photos right now.

Painted with splash design on clear FHZ
Dual silicone recesses(one on each side)
Schmoove rings, one on each half.
Cleaned bearing.

DEAD unresponsive, amazing player. I’d say the dial silicone recesses and schmoove rings should be standard on all FHZ’s! Well, I do have one I purposely keep stock. It’s a blue with yellow caps. For the total package cost, the FHZ I have is a top player and one I really enjoy a lot. I was not using it because it’s too pretty, but now I am using it daily in my adventures into 5A.

1 Like

Thanks and it Sounds awesome. That brings me to my other question i had. How do you make the schmoove rings look really nice. they look like they are covered in a metal or paint? And also how do you do that?

I didn’t. xminusmikex did all the work. He provided the yoyo and did the work, all I had to do was pay him. The FHZ is clear, so the schmoove rings really don’t show up much, but they are there. Since he paints the INSIDE of the FHZ, the paint will never chip or scratch or wear off, and as such, it does help make it easier to see the schmoove rings.

I know some people paint them. One person even siliconed it. Xminusmikex does it right, it’s just a super shallow groove just to help reduce friction and a tiny bit of weight.

1 Like

I know how to hubstack a FHZ. Just go on Youtube and look up “How to hubstack a duncan”.

1 Like

Theirs a Sticky Link for the Mods.
I suggest someone with very high rep and very nice jobs.
What I mean is you should go with someone the community 100% trust’s and think’s their job is one of the top notch.

1 Like

One of the things I kind of wanted to know also was how to get metal rims for an fhz. Do you make or buy them, and where do you buy them or how do you make them or even which yoyo do you rip them off of.

I think I seen one that was cut down and used a DM2’s rims.

1 Like

That’s extremely hard and you would have to get a Professional to do so I believe.?
I saw a Night Moves 3 with Titanium rim’s so it’s possible but I believe you need the right tools.
I think you coat it off and then apply it to the yoyo and let it dry.
I’m not into the Mod industry but definetly should PM one of the mod’s in the Sticky.

1 Like

If you want to add Dark Magic rims to an FHZ, you will need a modder, or you will need to get a lathe and learn to mod. :slight_smile:

The easiest, do it yourself solution for adding weight to the rims of FHZs is a set of thumb grind weights rings - you pop off the caps of the FHZ and snap them right in. The only problem with this easy solution is that I don’t know that they are available anymore, so you might have to try to buy some through the BST. Another option is to get some rubber weight rings to insert under the caps. Hit up google for some pictures of these things if you’re interested.

Also, just for the sake of clarification, all Night Moves 3s had titanium rims.

1 Like