Admin question on posting pics/wallpapers

I’m just wondering, before I post it, what are guide lines when it comes to posting things like wallpapers. My wife just made a great Crucial wallpaper using pictures from here and the web. I would like to share it but I don’t want to step on any toes in the process.

I do searches for yoyo wallpapers and nothing too decent turns up so I figured I’d make my own. If its met with warm reception, there will be more to follow.

I’d say as long as you aren’t using THEIR artwork without their expressed written permission, then as long as it’s for YOUR personal use, it’s fine.

If you made it using YOUR photos of Crucial yoyos, it’s all good. If it’s not stuff you have expressed written permission to use, then that would not be a good thing as you don’t have rights to that material. Even then, you may not have distribution permissions.

Copyright and trademark laws.

I always ALWAYS recommend sticking with content YOU control. This way, if you are choosing to give it away, that’s your right to do so and you can revoke it whenever.

The odds of legal action are small, but if some over zealous landshark gets a need to stir up crap, you never know who will land in their sights. It ain’t worth it.

get permission from the sites where you got your pictures and content - and it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

mgodinez

cloudy…

mgodinez and Studio42 nailed it pretty well. The other caveat is if you use images from another store that have their watermark on them we would prefer that you not post it, permission or not.

I know there’s an old topic in other stuff where people posted their desktops for awhile. My opinion is that those are generally of a scale that it is hard to determine what the images are and I have no problem w/those unless there is an explicitly recognizable store image from elsewhere.

I’m thinking the best thing to do is not post it. The pictures all came from the Crucial store front here on Yoyo Expert but I’d rather not cause any problems or issues. Thanks for all the input!