Acid Wash vs. Splash vs. Fade vs. Splatter vs. Speckle

Hello Yoyo Community,
I wanted to cast of survey of what you guys prefer in effects. Your choices are: Acid Wash, Splash, Fade, Splatter, or Speckle. If any of you think I’m forgetting some effect, please let me know!

-Jordan

Splash is AWESOME :smiley:

I like how CLYW has combined almost all of these… I like splatter the most.

In order of preference…

1. Speckle
  2. Splatter
  3. Splash
  4. Acid Wash
  5. Fade

Polished

I love shiny yoyo’s, they look so delicious

What’s the different between splatter and splash?

I think splatter would be more random dots/small splotches, where as splash would be more random larger areas. Speckle would definitely be small dots.

Personally, I like solid colors, clean lines and symetrical presentations. Keep it simple.

Having said that, I’ve seen lots of NICE looking yoyos on this site for sale, but many I would not even consider purchasing due to how they are decorated.

I love acid wash, though I wish companies would use fade a little more often. Speckle is reallly the only one I don’t like.

My exact thoughts right there :wink:

I see.

Oh, sorry. I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me!

Ok. I’ll add that

I like solid colors but those other paint jobs hide imperfections well.

I would love a black yoyo with white speckles that would be the bomb!

Yeah, that would cool!

I hated splashes when I first got into yo yos, but I love em now!!!

raw…all this colorway stuff is getting to repetitive and taking away from the fact that I’m throwing around a hunk of metal….if I want something that looks like plastic…why not just buy plastic…

1 Like

Speckle! Speckle! Speckle! I also like anything exciting, out the ordinary, different!

I like a Multicolor Acid washed, faded, multicolor splash, a little Specle wouldnt hurt either.

You just have to admit there’s just something special about throwing a nice splatterfoof yoyo in a matching speedo with just a touch of eye glitter…