About André's Rewind Video

Hello,

I’m pasting some part of the rewind trick explanation:

“What you do. Trapeze. You come off the string, but instead of just letting it drop, you actually stick out your middle finger or your thumb. Sometimes when I go a little bit faster I’ll stick my thumb out. I recommend when you first start using your middle finger, just put both fingers out there and you’ll notice the yo-yo is going to go around your middle finger instead of just falling. Do that first, come off over your middle finger, and you swing it backwards around. Take your pointer finger on your throw hand and swing the yo-yo onto the string like so. It’s kind of a like backwards double or nothing.Not quite because you don’t have it wrapped around the whole way, but it’s close to it. Then when you come back off, just stick your middle finger out on this hand again and come back around and land on what looks like a double or nothing like so”

At the last part, he says “then when you come back off, just stick your middle finger out on this hand again and come back around and land on what looks like a double or nothing like so”

He says to stick our middle finger but when he finishes that movement the string is not arount his throwhand’s middle finger? He makes a quick move over there but I can’t figure out what he is doing.

Could you please expain me that part?

Thanks.

Oh… I see.

Andre goofed up. He accidentally landed on the wrong string or something… that’s not how it’s supposed to end, you’re supposed to land in a triple or nothing. That’s why he says, “Let me do that again…” All you do is to work your way up to Triple or Nothing, then somersault out to trapeze.

~yo! shi!

Well, I think we are not talking about the same place. He makes trapeze. That’s ok. After that he uses is non throwhand’s middle finger and the you goes arount and land it on the string while getting the string with his right hand’s pointer finger’s around. At that point he says to use the middle finger of his throw hand and he let the yoyo turns around, comes back and land on what looks like a double or nothing. At this point, at his throw hand the string should be around his throwhand’s middle finger because he used his middle finger when he came back and land on what looks like a double or nothing. But it’s not. He still has the string around his throwhand’s pointer finger. How come?

I watched the video one more time carefully and I’ve found out something wrong with the trick. At the beginning of the video before teaching it he shows the move correctly. But when he teaches step by step he makes the trick in a different way. That’s why I was confused.

Thanks and kind regards,

1 Like