A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

Still playing it, need to use Kitty Fat or XL to get the response I enjoy.

A full review will be coming soon. It’s much lighter than it looks and the snap is gentle enough that’s easy to handle…

Can land Spirit Bomb on it and some other more complex tricks. Need to practice more.

Berto, I am looking forward to reading your review. It sounds like you are happy with the Fildago.

Here’s my beauty hat came in today. Surprisingly soft on the catch, able to respond well even at low speeds. Landed Buddha’s Revenge and didn’t spin out.

Now, if you’ll excuse me I must spend a little time with this lady.

My Fidalgo is a little too dead on the string it shipped with. I am going to pop in some fat kitty and give it a go. So far though it is pretty cool.

This yoyo is the gateway drug. If you throw unresponsive, this will make you want to throw fixed axle. If you throw fixed axle this will make you want to throw a bearing. It is hard to describe the feels.

Glad I bought it, wish it were more organic. All in all great little throw! This will be in my pocket all week for sure.

BTW anyone else try a Gyro Flop? Oh yeah they work. ;D

Thanks for the support guys!
There is a slight learning curve with the Fidalgo, it so far out of the “norm” that it does feel strange.
We shipped them with a medium amount of response to give people the ability to play responsive. I myself load up the silicone for a solid fixed axle feel.

Have fun throwing and let us know what you think!

You should have named this yoyo the Day-walker. I have a Walter and I would say the play on the Fidalgo and the Walter is very different but still the closest comparison I can make. Both are tug responsive, both sleep really well.

The Walter of course with the bearing will sleep longer and allow bigger combos.

The Fidalgo is dead quiet and silky smooth. No bearing vibration, no wood grain friction. Silent.

I hope you continue this idea with different shapes. I would love one with a more rounded profile that is slightly slimmer. :wink:

1 Like

Just landed Yuuki Slack, Brent Stole, and Flying Coat hanger successively on a responsive No-Jive.  AND video’d it.  Gimme some time and I’ll get the vid posted!

The Fidalgo sounds pretty sweet.  Hope to try one in the future.

EDIT: Here: (bad quality but still proof  8))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H7P-1X0zak&feature=youtu.be

I’ve heard a few people compare the two, makes me stoked lol.

We will be relying on the community for their input on what they would like to see changed or added.

Your right about it being quite and smooth, it’s nuts!

I have trouble knowing how far I can push the Fidalgo. I have trouble telling how close it is to dying. Splash ano or a logo like Anti-yo did on the Bape.2 would help monitor spin time. This thing is eery with how smooth and quiet it is.

Yeah. I feel that. It’s gonna take a little getting used to as far as how much spin it’s got left. There have been times where I thought it was still good then Just died and other times it could’ve spun at least another several seconds.

Just did a hand/finger grind. I’m like a kid on Christmas right now.

Put a ding in it. You’ll be able to watch the ding spin around and monitor the rate that way. :smiley:
Someone outbid me for a yoyo on Ebay, so now I have some extra money for a Fidalgo. I just can’t decide on color. I like the purple, but I also like black.

MikeEff, I will ding it soon. I have been playing over concrete and asphalt all day. It’s ding free days are numbered. ;D

I am having with Shoot the Moon with the Fidalgo. I have to keep practicing. The feeling is very different.

Just got an email yesterday that the second run of Play Simply No Jives will begin shipping on Friday ;D

Nice job pulling those off with the No Jive, Someone!

1 Like

I am looking forward to receiving my Play Simply No Jive next week.

JRod! We’ve missed you! Well I have at least, can’t speak for everyone I don’t guess. How’s your adventure been going?

To see the spin rate you can put a little sticker on it. And post feedback if you have it.

#oss #hype #fidalgo

Nice dude!
Time to join the No Jive Spirit Bomb club! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve done it with a LoveJoy :smiley: Need to mod my No-Jive a bit with some shims.

You’re the master: What’s the easiest way to do that? I’ve asked a couple times but I’m curious as to what you think.

EDIT: Also, I have an o-ring along the axle right now inside it. Makes it a bit wider, but screws a little weird (kinda like an old YYJ adjustable gap) Is this harmful to the No-Jive? Will it get messed up over time?