A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

Robert will have a toothless smile when he croaks… haha.

I’m waiting for them also, very “hyped”… we’ll see if they leave up… I already have a disappointment this week from “hype”

How do I do the butterfly wood axle mod? I tried opening it with a wooden spoon, but the wooden spoon cracked and broke.

That’s because Duncan has been secretly making them from Mithril lately. :slight_smile:

I’m sure they’ll play great. As far as hype, are you talking about the Wooly Marmot 2 debacle?

im going to be buying duncan butterflys and melting the axle to make chain mail… now to find a hobbit…

Yeah, not a big fan of it. I LOVE the AC2… The WM2 left me wanting…

Anyone else notice that the Broke Village has what appears to be the inner ring of a bearing in it?

Now the debate starts if this is a “true” fixed axle…

Let it begin!

No different than a fancier butterfly with pads.

nawww it just doesnt fit the style. its like putting a seatbelt on a dirt bike, or a spoiler on a minivan.

you can. but should you?

Plastic is ok though?

if it has a wood axle!

also lets all have a moment of silence for my budget thx to ed’s instagram…

If that sleeve that’s over the axle doesn’t spin at all then the Broke Village is fixed.

2 Likes

Yeah, seems pretty clear to me. Maybe not a “traditional” fixed axle but it is no doubt a true fixed axle.

1 Like

Butterflys have a steel axle until you mod them, and they rock! The material of the axle doesn’t change its fixedness!

2 Likes

I just placed my preorder for my volatile simply No Jive, has anyone else done so?

Yeah I did, even though I just got an original Play Simply. And I really don’t need another yoyo, but wanted to support Ed and TK. And it will get played. Now I REALLY do not need any more No Jives, although Ed may disagree with that statement ;D

I hope to meet Tom one day, would love for him to sign one of my original No Jives.

This is the exact reason my Walter fund keeps getting lowered :smiley:

Small little addition to the 2nd release Play Simply, if you look carefully at the two photos they posted you can catch it :wink:

I can’t figure it out looking at the moment. I’m Going to be comparing photos when I get off work.

No debate. The axle turns with the yoyo. Fixed-axle.

1 Like

Where did you guys place your order? Can you PM me the link?