A special request to those posting a lot of yoyo tutorials on YouTube

I subscribe to a few people that are doing an excellent job of posting trick tutorials on YouTube. As their list of tutorials grows, so does the need of a rating system. There are two big reasons for this. For lower skill throwers like myself I need to know which tricks are doable at my level. For the content provider, YouTube frowns upon partially watched videos. While someone like me could bounce around looking for the easier tricks, YouTube considers partially watched videos as a sign of low quality or interest. If someone does not make it far into the video, it must not be a good video, or it is not interesting enough to hold the viewers attention. Enough of these and YouTube does not push those videos, and later, that content provider. Partially watched videos are something that creators need to avoid, and some type of system to direct viewers to tricks of appropriate level would help alleviate this issue.

The simplest solution would be to create play lists of various levels and drop the tutorial videos into appropriate play lists. A more elegant solution may be to create a list of the suggested learning order and edit that list when ever you add a new tutorial.

Anyway, it is just a suggestion. Thanks for creating the content. I do appreciate good trick tutorials.

5 Likes

In the mean time, one strategy you might employ personally is to see if the tutorial is for a trick in the YYE trick ladder or in yotrick’s trick categories. If so, then you immediately have a guide as to how hard the trick probably is. If the trick isn’t found in either place, then assume it is pretty advanced.

4 Likes

I have 5 difficulty level playlists on my channel, but they are ballpark. It’s really hard to judge, since a lot of the time it’s going to be based on what you’ve already learned.
If I had infinite time I’d do what Rethinkyoyo.com did back in the day, and for each tutorial suggest the tricks to learn first. But I don’t have that kind of time, lol.

6 Likes