A-RT Appreciation

I’m thinking probably the same profile but maybe thinner walls due to the 7075

2 Likes

Hoping they fixed the bearing seats

Just curious…anything wrong with the bearing seats? I’ve never taken apart my grail

There’s nothing technically wrong with the bearing seat. I think what @yoyojoe is referring to is the “loose” bearing seat which allows the user to remove the bearing without a tool (and also has some other machining implications). The loose bearing seat usually causes some fingernail vibe.

I prefer the loose bearing seat and actually kind of like a little bit of fingernail vibe.

7 Likes

@leis they just make their bearing seats looser which tends to cause them to have vibe. I remember awhile back when G2 Jake was working on the life with them and he couldn’t get them to his level of smooth with their bearing seats.

All A-RTs I have played vibed, which I think is pretty bad considering what you are paying. I don’t mind vibe much at all, but if an aluminum monometal is being sold for $130 it should at least be smooth come on.

1 Like

I disagree with this. There are $300-$500 titanium yoyos that will come with some vibe. I don’t understand when the shift from “some vibe is acceptable” to “no vibe is acceptable,” but I think it’s ridiculous. You’re not playing a yoyo with your fingernail constantly touching it. If there is no string or pulse vibe, it shouldn’t matter.

I have played 20+ A-RTs, and the only one that had string vibe was the powder-coated Grail that was sold with the understanding that it would have string vibe.

5 Likes

I just don’t really understand why art doesn’t fix the bearing seat issue. They could just adjust it and make a dead smooth throw. Jake updated the bearing seats for the latest runs of the life and they are all smooth. It just doesn’t make sense to specifically do something to add vibe.

I understand if they have manufacturing issues that cause vibe, but having something in your design that causes vibe just seems strange.

1 Like

I 100% prefer the fact that I can pull the bearing by hand. This has proven to be a more durable yoyo. I wish loose bearing seats were a standard.

10 Likes

I’ve had dead smooth yoyos where you can pull the bearing by hand. Also I’ve had A-RTs that had ano flaws and dings from the manufacturer. Meanwhile, their manufacturer One Drop has never sent a vibey yoyo, or with even slightly imperfect ano.

Me too but not consistently. It just makes sense to not remove ano and mess up the aluminum. I feel like a yoyo with a looser bearing seat is meant to really be played with.

4 Likes

Its probably not an A-rt thing its a onedrop thing. I 100% prefer it that way vs g2 bearing seats where I have to stick the yoyo in the freezer to get try and get the bearing off😅.

7 Likes

IIRC the revised version of the Life is still made by One Drop.

2 Likes

wow the B7s went in less than a minute. I had all my details saved and ready to go. still sold out before i could click the button :cold_sweat:
fingers crossed for the next drop

2 Likes

Yea, it went ridiculously quick.

I’m hoping the second run will be much bigger since this run is a smaller batch. So 2 minutes next time!

1 Like

im gonna have to practice how fast i can click or something. I must have gotten too cocky after managing to get a panorama on the last run haha

2 Likes

I was curious about this drop and managed to get one but if I don’t end up being a fan I can let you know. @yophilyo

2 Likes

Grail fail here. My wife tried to buy the 420,000 object.

6 Likes

I had thought that they would update that page to the actual item so I was refreshing that instead of the shop. Sooo obviously failed to get one lol

3 Likes

yes please!! :smiley:

1 Like