A little bit of history

I was looking at one post and someone said “I was going to concave my bearing but couldn’t find my dremel”. Was he going to physically change a flat bearing to a concave? Was this a thing?

Heck yea it was! I’ve done it a few times too!

I believe that’s how tpx wing cut bearings are made.

It’s cool to see what aspects of that board were incorporated into this current YoyoExpert board. Things have evolved since then, but it’s nice to see how it used to be.

why doesn’t really happen anymore?

Because we are becoming more and more spoiled and would rather buy one then do it ourselves :smiley:

I can’t afford a dremel, but I can afford a bearing.

I know the yoyoing.com board is backed up, Greg has it… just never put it back up. I believe he still has the video board backup too. I’ll have to talk to him about digging it up.

1 Like

Because kks are so much more common now, 10 ball kks were only dreamed before, but now you can buy them from China in bulk for a dollar each.

One of the reasons people don’t make their own concaves is because the outer race isn’t really thick enough and you end up with a very thin outer race which is prone to damage. Also the heat generated by the grinding has an adverse effect on it as well. A commercially available concave has a thicker outer race to begin with.

Last time I talked to him about it I got a song and dance about how the video archive was corrupted or he couldn’t find the hard drive or something. Although he gives different answers to things depending on who’s asking or what day it is, so…yeah.

Amazing. :slight_smile:

I know he had issues with the video, which was why it was down long before the board died… but (at least originally) he said it could be recovered. I’m more interested in the board though, which I know he has.

Kyle