A bit of banal pettifoggery

Yeah I can’t but If I have to long sleeved under amour does pretty well but I cant afford it xD

heard dat

I am fine with long sleeves. Its just that insist on wearing shorts and short sleeves until I get sick…Its fun seeing peoples reactions when its 40 degrees out.

I hate wearing sleeves if I’m doing anything that involves the string going around my wrist. Yukki slack, spirit bomb and the like.

And… this made me chuckle:

Well, I never wear long sleeve shirts, only long sleeved dress shirts/button downs…So, I have no idea if I give a cahoot about sleeves or no sleeves…I never yo with dress clothes on, only clothes that are breathable and loose fitting. Well…That’s my three fiddy’s worth. AUTOBOTS, Transform and roll out! schu-schi schi Vrooom

My favorite color is brown

1 Like

Nice…

I can yoyo with long sleeves.

I prefer not to though.

I actually have my sweatshirt sleeves rolled up right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that’s the same reason for me. :slight_smile:

:smiley: It was like I got a visual or something…hilarious. Maybe like a bathrobe and those pajamas we had when we were a kid with the feet in them, that zips up in the front. That would be so cute. If you haven’t tried it…shower, dry off and just start yo-yoing right then and there…nothing like it. But, make sure no one is home, they will think you’re weird. :wink:

They make those in adult sizes, for those who want to reclaim their infancy.

But the question is will those little footy things bother me when I am throwing?

Wouldn’t it be great if somebody got up at a competition wearing footy pajamas like that, and little teddy bear embroidered on the left side.

and Totalartist, about avoiding being caught doing something that may cause others to conclude I’m “weird”, that ship sailed away a long time ago. You’ve probably been able to deduce that by now. I’m going to start keeping a yo-yo on the bathroom vanity now and see how that goes. Don’t know if there’s enough room, I may have to get back in the tub. I suppose it’s best to use plastic, a metal in all that humidity and all…

Someone at CalStates showed up wearing and COMPETED in a green kiddie-style dinosaur costume. Didn’t make finals but didn’t do too bad.

Good question!

In the cold months, I always end up rolling my sleeve up a little bit (halfway between my wrist and elbow). I don’t find it impedes my ability to throw well and hit the string that much, but I do notice a slight… I dunno. It’s not the same, and I know what you’re talking about haha

For me, throwing in shorts ruins me more. I wear my shorts pretty long and baggy (I dress like a skater from the late-90s/early-2000s even though I’m 28 years old. I’m terrible). The yoyo sometimes hits my shorts and gets messed up.

I NEVER wear long sleeved shirts, unless I am going ice-fishing or snowmobiling. I hate long sleeved shirts with a passion lol. You will only see me wearing one if I have to go to a wedding or some other formla event. However, I have quite a few hoodies I wear, and if I throw with a hoodie on I usually push the sleeves up about half way up my forearm so they aren’t in the way.

Apparently you haven’t been here in awhile. We changed August to road construction.

Lily-white skin with a propensity for skin cancer due to a misspent youth… :wink:

I think I’m hearing a lot of echos of my dilemma from folk saying if they have on a sweatshirt or hoodie they have to “shove” the sleeves up their arm and “out of the way”. That’s it right there. Something down around the wrist gets in the way. Like I said, even a wrist watch irritates me.

I don’t think I’m crazy after all.

Wait…let me rethink that…I think there are others who find cuffs cumbersome when throwing. The crazy thing, that’s probably still in play.

Thanx so much to all who have jumped in on this this afternoon. This has just been too much fun!
Lexos, when you posted; “My favorite color is brown” I laughed so hard I was short of breath, I had tears on my cheeks. And Studio42, I kinda owe you an apology for deliberately editing your shorts comment to sound like you were some kind of perv.

Good times…good times

My family would definitely think I’m weird. But I’ve sort of have done it before…

:smiley: Thanks Shadowz…I knew I wasn’t the only one. 'Fess up! Someone else has gotten out of the shower, dried off, saw that yo-yo sitting there, and started throwing. Kind of funny, but it is more fun in the Summer, otherwise, you might freeze to death in the morning.

Man, that’d be really cold… :stuck_out_tongue:

use a plastic hey it will be water proof :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s what I said