$97 to spend

OK, so I have exactly $97 to spend on a new yoyo. Someone, I do not know who, sent me a $100 gift card for YYE for Christmas. Probably a relative who forgot my B-Day. I prefer the diameter to be over 53mm and width to be over 38mm. Less than 70 grams is great. I just want a " Premium " new throw. Like, 5 minute sleepers. I’m a HUGE grinder, so it has to grind very well, yes, thumb grinds too. $97 dollars or less, because it is $3 for shipping. Thanks a lot,

Jack

888x?

If you want it to spin for 5 minutes, learn to throw. instead of a yoyo, get something practical, like food. further more, no matter what we say, you probably have something in mind, no matter what we say, you will go with what you already want.

Anyways, burnside fits what you want it seems.

I CAN throw, i just want it to easily spin 5min. Anyways, OD is not for me, IDK. Preferably YYJ or YYF. Want to stay in my comfort zone with brands.

I think making a demand/requirement of 5 minute dead hanging spin is a bit unrealistic. It’s all in the throw. Proper bearing maintenance is also essential, which can mean being patient while you break in the bearing(while you work on your throw). Some bearings may be better than others for improving sleep time, but that’s no guarantee for any individual. It’s the throw, plain and simple. Plus, just tracking sleep time, well that’s boring and in some aspects not practical. If you’re getting 5 minutes of sleep time, what does that equate to when you’re doing tricks? If your form is sloppy(mine isn’t great), how does that affect your spin times?

I have record sleep times of over 3 minutes. My arm gets tired and I get bored waiting on it. I have better things to do than wait 180-300 seconds watching a yoyo spin at the end of the string. The main thing to do is practice any trick I’m trying to learn or smooth out.

I can’t say much for YYJ or YYF as I’m not really looking at those brands in the same way. I just find what catches my eye and buy it. The Karma will have to wait… I like both brands, so I am not doing any product bashing. Go with a full metal is all I can say. Too bad there isn’t an engine in place here to help steer people towards yoyos based on specs they are interested in.

My preferences? I go by what catches my eye, and so far my eye hasn’t let me down. I don’t knoiw, maybe I go nuts and get a Phenomizm and a Karma…

I should drive down to your place and just say “here, throw my collection for a few hours and see what you like”. Man, if only I wasn’t so busy! You’re not that far away…

Ha, that would be great except my parents would be like," you want to meet with a yoyo guy you met online? Sure, and while your out go jump off a bridge too…" I don’t think that would be possible any time soon. Are you going to Cal States? I am, maybe we could meet up then. They are fine with me talking with people at contests, just not like this.

What kind of food would you buy with a YYE gift card? Flying Squirrel?

1 Like

I would get the onedrop burnside its a great grinder and a sick yoyo

1 Like

Genesis
B-Grade CLYW’s
Supernova LITE
DV888+Protostar :P.

1 Like

It appears I’ll be running sound at Cal States. I won’t really be able to do much other than keep things running smoothly. Not a good time to meet many folks socially. I do intend to meet Jayyo, I want to see him kick some serious butt on stage. It’s gonna be a lot cooler seeing a lot of these people perform live rather than on videos. Hopefully I’ll have a vantage point where I can see things.

Because you can buy food with a yye gift card. ::slight_smile:

97dollars hmm, are the fools gold avalanches still in stock. They play like normal avalanches but with a hint of vibe, definitely a great buy. I wouldn’t skip a yoyo just because of a brand, who knows? it might be the perfect yoyo for you but you would have skipped it.

Yeah but the 28 stories colorway is out of stock:(

Caribou Lodge throws tend to sell out extremely quickly

Clareview station is nice.

Genesis all the way. With a worn in center trac bearing I got a 6 minute spin time. I’m still working on repeating it but it’s all in the throw.

gray hound

If you must go with a YYF or YYJ i’d say Genesis too. It was my favorite YYF throw. However, I think a few people hit it perfectly with the Burnside. It is 100% my favorite throw of all time. I used to really like the Genesis and 888x for oversized and undersized but the Burnside really blows everything away it is so dead on smooth, grinds beautifully is 67grams big and hops like mad. It is really a work of art and an amazing throw.

You’ll be happy with the Genesis if you like YYF, but I think you would really be missing out not trying the Burnside.

you think the trident would sleep for 5min

If someone could throw it right and the bearing was well broken in, I suppose anything could happen.

fixed