888x review.

Overall: this yoyo is smooth, classy, and fast on the string, all making for the best, probably most desired throws this side of the galaxy.

First impressions: I love the way this yoyo looks. Shiny on the side, and a matt finish grinding surface on the top. The first thing I thought when i picked this up was, holy cow, this thing is TINY! It is. It is, in my opinion, the best undersized throw. The edges are not as rounded as the Classic 888. They have a cool sharper look to them. Impressive.

First Throw: Hm… This is a different beast entirely than the Bassalope, which I have been throwing nonstop up until this point. I love how fast and smooth it is. It is by no means a great floater, but its not a deadweight, either. It is small enough to accommodate tricks such as chopsticks variations, which the G5 has problems with. the response is good. Not perfect, the Bassalope’s is better, but only just. The 888 is so smooth and fast that I had trouble putting it down for about the next hour. I have done countless things for the first time on it. As for flopping, it flops pretty fast. tricks such as suicides are plenty easy. its not that bad 5A, but that requires a slightly bigger throw. So classy. Bold, fast, smooth, long-spinning, what else is there to complete?
Summary:Very nice, fast, smooth, GREAT play. Why not get one?

nice review ben!

Same!

Nice review! It is nice to see an acuall review in the review section other than a “can you help me pick a yoyo out for me” thread lol! :smiley:

nice review, i really like how you said some tricks it could do easily that other yoyos would not be able to do. I know i really want one of those yoyos bad i like smaller yoyos haha.

Very nice quick review indeed. As a pointer, I found that with my 888 Classic, it shoots to the threshold of perfection with a fresh flowable silicone job, so I’d assume the 888x would be the same way. Give that a try and I’m sure it’ll play like a beast.

[/quote]
It is nice to see an acuall review in the review section other than a “can you help me pick a yoyo out for me” thread lol! :smiley:
[/quote]
AMEN!!!