888 Hubstack bearing removal tool?

Anyone make a smart tool for this 888 bearing removal job…whereas the tool can fit underneath the bearing and pry upwards?
I tried the cold freezer trick, and a few other techniques as well…No success!
Finally the bearing crushed and broke apart with pliers. But not before I scared heavily the soft alum axle tip when the pliers repeatedly slipped off bearing. Now, I’m left with the inside bearing race stuck unto the yoyo. A real BEAR!
And my dremel tool doesn’t fit gracefully into yoyo half to cut/slice apart bearing race that is stuck unto the hub axle.

Wish YYF would have allowed more tolerance in fit and finish for extra build up with anodize jobs.

Lovely!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

Hmm, you couldn’t pull the hubstack bearing off by looping a yo-yo string behind the hubstack and pulling up? That’s how I’ve always done it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the best method. Although if it’s really stuck then I’m not sure. Whenever I’ve had a bearing inner race stuck on a yo-yo I just squeeze it with vice grips until it breaks, but not sure if that will work since it is fully on the hubstack post and not just sitting half on a bearing seat.

2 Likes

We have some very good expensive hand made tools if you can’t get it off by other means.

2 Likes