5A May 2024 - Week 4

You guys so earned it!!!

5 Likes

Duuuuude!! :grin::grin:I’m stoked. Thank you guys for the hard work y’all put in to organize all of this. :partying_face::partying_face::clap:t4:

4 Likes

Woohoo! Glad to be among the winners. May I ask what are the counterweights prices? Are they randomly picked?
Also, what are the yoyo colourways? Do we get to choose a colour?

I have never tried the Mori yoyo so I am really stoked!

Thanks and congratulations to the winners.

2 Likes

They’re gonna live the flat earth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My daughter wants my pink skyva I might finally give in and trade :slight_smile: either way I’ll let my daughter play with the flat earth first.

2 Likes

C’mon Cap, a skyva for a flat earth!? You better be throwing some cash in her college fund too. Don’t want to ruin that shining reputation!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All jokes, obviously. I imagine the skyva would be much safer for a Little.

2 Likes

I’m sure he already is.

With what college costs today I started saving when my kids were born. “Congratulations on being born! Here’s your birth certificate and your 529…”

3 Likes

I wish I could be a responsible parent like you guys. I’m over here coming up with ways to convince my kids college is a scam. :laughing:

Not going to college was one of the best decisions I’ve made in a life full of bad decisions, imo. All my friends with degrees have normal jobs, like me, and mountains of debt, which I do not.

To be clear, though, if it seems like college is in the cards for them, we will figure it out. I try to have 0 expectations when it comes to who and what my kids will become.

I do wish, with every fiber of my being, that I could be better prepared, financially, for them, but that’s just not in the cards, for me, at the moment. You never know, though. Maybe my rich boy era is coming.

4 Likes

When my son was born I was still at the hedge fund and deferred a part of my bonus to a 529. Since then I wanted to make a fund for each kid but that’s a hard ask so I just have one college fund the kids will split and hopefully that’s not a mistake. Hell if non of them go to college I’ll use it…

3 Likes

My daughter has been trying to take my pink skyva for a while and I keep distracting her with a pink butterfly. Unless the flat earth is a really pretty color I’m positive she will like the skyva more. In the end the kids get to play with all my yo-yos anyway…

3 Likes

As the beneficiary of my grandfather’s 529, they are amazing! But I highly recommend spending all of (on educational purpose, of course). Because once the beneficiary ages out, Holy Taxes Batman!

Source: Surprisingly, I ended up not having to use all of mine and had to deal with this absolute headache

2 Likes

I get that. I had a conflict of interest at my old firm and was required to liquidate some holdings in a sep ira and hot damn was that a tax hit

2 Likes

IRS on tax season seeing Capt’s tax hit:

[Gif Redacted due to gratuitous nature]

2 Likes

Accurate

Honestly I’ve owed the IRS nearly every year several thousand but last year it was only 29 bucks. My wife was annoyed we didn’t get a refund but I don’t really want to give the US government a 0%APR loan every year so I’m content with a wash.

3 Likes

also the video chat with me was totally a joke but if the winner wants it I’m available anytime.

That goes to everyone as well hahahah

6 Likes

What’s up beautiful person!!!

2 Likes

I didn’t think Cody would leave that in lol. Sorry Matt. I get to see your beautiful face like once a month at this rate with all the video editing :slight_smile: it’s been a pleasure.

1 Like

Oh, that was a Joke?

Sorry I missed that brother!

I thought it was one of the coolest prizes.

4 Likes

I just hit everyone for addresses. Some of yall I’ve done trades with but it’s easier if you just send address again. I don’t save folks pii so it’ll be much easier if I just get it all again.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly @YoYo-Boomer-Club and Doc! The DIY looks awesome, seriously tempting me for ONE July! Can’t wait to give it a spin! :slight_smile:

13 Likes