45-adapter yoyo by Out of Hand đź‘‹

Hello, i designed this yoyo which also doubles as an 45 adapter for vinyl records with big holes. Releasing DEC 11.

It’s a collaboration between me (visual artist and yoyoer Morten Jensen Vågen aka yoyo_gutten on instagram) and “Ullis Toys” (Ulrik Dybvig aka @doomdistro / Ullis Tapes -musician, DJ and artist)

This yoyo was born out of necessity. One day this summer Ulrik visited me to show me some heavyweight dub tunes. I did not have a 45-record adapter at home, and he struggled to center his records without an 45-adapter, and I just stood there yoyoing. He looked at me and said “we should make a yoyo-record adapter”. And we did. After 6 months of making drawings, mock-ups, ordering protos, failing, and rethinking we finally made it work. I have made many wooden yoyos in the past, but never in metal, and never with digital tools. Ulrik has no yoyo-background at all. So the goal was to make a yoyo that could work for both beginners and unresponsive yoyoers. It’s the perfect pocket yoyo, and if you are a DJ you will never forget your 45-adapters again. I have already had good use for it at record shops where they dont have record adapters on the listening stations. The best thing is that it does not feel like a gimmick yoyo, it actually plays really stable and good, and it is very unique and fun to play with.

More info: instagram.com/0ut_of_hand

17 Likes

Freakin awesome. As a DJ this really speaks to me.

3 Likes

And on some 1200s . classic.

2 Likes

Hey you are yoyo_gutten right?
Nice to see you here man.

3 Likes

Yes! :slight_smile: Nice to see you too here man!

2 Likes

Yep! matching yoyo :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, would you mind posting the specs? :smiley:

2 Likes

:rotating_light:Release dec 11 :rotating_light:

Specifications:

Price: €45 + shipping

Diameter: 38mm (37,9mm)

Width: 36,4mm

Weight: 53,5g (52g without caps)

Bearing size: Size-A (5x10x4mm)

Response: Flowable silicone

Caps: 1mm birch plywood (3ply)

Material: 6061 Alu

Finish: Clear ano, blasted finish

Designed in: Norway🇳🇴

Made in: China

5 Likes

I tried checking the link you’ve provided, but the site is down for maintenance atm.

1 Like

Looks really interesting! Though, note that you aren’t allowed to link directly to your storefront here.

3 Likes

oh i will remove it. still trying to figure out this forum thing

4 Likes

Yes it´s not up yet. it will be tomorrow

4 Likes

You can post instagram links and other media!

2 Likes

Thanks MarkD :slight_smile:

2 Likes