3yo3 CEEPHAX!!! With Pics.

Check out the pics of this amazingly dyed yoyo!  :wink: http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/batryn/Ceephax/

Landon Balk did amazing work with this yoyo. Just sayin.

Ceephax.
A sized bearing
Flow Groove
Rainbow Dye
Everything above this can be changed to preference.
Diameter: 50.8mm
Width: 41.7mm
Gap: 3.88mm

Looks: After I saw this yoyo, I had to go to the doctors to get my jaw reattached. This yoyo is the best looking one I’ve ever seen. It beats all other anodizing, dying, and paintings. Why? It looks like a crystal. Reminds me a lot of stained glass… but for looks… I’d say look at these pictures and decide for yourself!

Physical Exam: Tiny. Around M1 sized in diameter, but the width is quite normal. Smaller than most of my throws, and yet, it proves to be a big player. More on that later. Obviously it’s insanely pretty, and the shape is all nice and gentle. Reminds me of an M1 with more width. The rims are fatter, and curved in towards the catch zone, so they’re not flat. Then, there’s a nice slope, ending in the axle. The rims are real thick though, almost ½ an inch. I assume this is because of the nature of the acrylic, maybe so it’s heavier/more durable? Anyways though, it’s nice, and it shows off more of the yoyo.

Playing: Perhaps the part that matters the most. Playability. Well… it’s small, hops through everything very well, and when it’s thrown, it looks purple and goldenish, like jewels spinning there. Now, it plays fast and floaty, but also solid. Somewhat contradictory. That’s really how it plays though. It’s floaty, fast, and you can always feel its presence. Does extremely well in almost all tricks. I have to say, this yoyo is as good, if not better, then my two favorite metals.

A weird thing about the yoyo is catchability. It might be some strange trick or something, but I can swear it’s easier to catch. Eli-hops, boomerang, any trick, it’s a lot easier to catch. I don’t know if it’s because of the size, or if it’s because of the weight distribution, the guts of the yoyo, but it’s a lot easier to catch. It doesn’t become magnetized to the string, but it is a lot easier. I switch back to my bassalope, somehow, I can miss eli hops a lot more frequently, and miss a lot more. If I had to guess, I would say the solidness of it has something to do with it… but I don’t know. The solidness is weird… it’s as though there was an extremely dense circle near where the ball bearing is. It’s not the whole yoyo is solid, but more of the center. Weird… maybe it’s just me. 

Also, your throws have to be accurate. For some reason, a sloppy throw produces more vibe than normal, not meaning the yoyo vibes- all it does is kind of hum there, not vibe, but a bad throw will vibe a lot more than normal… 

Ending: Even without its artistic sheen, the playability alone is worth more than the $90 I spent. It plays, at the least, equal to my metals, and when you add in the terrific coloring options… This yoyo is not a yoyo, it’s a jewel carved by a great yoyo maker: Landon Balk. It’s amazing how he can produce this great yoyo- amazing playability, coloring, customizability, by hand, and still sell it for the average price of metals on the yo-yoing market today. If you’re looking for a new throw, do consider 3yo3. It’s amazing how well they play, and the options you have are just a bonus that is not seen anywhere else on the yoyo market today- customizing your bearing, response, colors, and probably even more if you talk to Landon.

Sadly though, this is the last yoyo I’ll have for a long while, but still, I’m glad that this is one of my last yoyos. Couldn’t have gotten a better yoyo.

nice review!

1 Like

I hope you mean that it’s one of the last yoyos you’ll be getting for a long while.

That’s what I meant. ;D $580 spent :stuck_out_tongue: 13 yoyos. I’m done. Everything I need is finished, I found my love yoyos ;D… and that’s all. I’ve got all I need… not to mention parents going >:(