3d Printed Yoyo!

I 3d printed a yoyo and have a question. Is it necessary for response pads? The plastic area that is there where they would normally be is kind of sticky

That plastic area will saw strings in half and brutalize the Yoyo as the string snaps and it flies away into thin air.

2 Likes

What he said.

I would DEFINITELY carve out a groove for response pads, and sand down with 1000 grit sand paper anything spot on the yoyo that the string would touch regularly.

This ^ and I speak from experience. I bought a bunch of Kayto halves from Fluidprint and assembled one myself with a spare pair of side effects. Didn’t have response pads but the friction of the sharp edges was enough to bind on.

Long story short, each string lasted about 5 minutes. It’s not worth it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, finger grinding on a 3D printed yoyo hurts. It’s like putting your finger on a belt sander.

3D printed yoyos require a bit of finishing just like injection molded plastics like the Rally. That’s why the Kayto for $35 is amazing. The hardware costs $20, design and polishing is 100% worth it.

1 Like

So are you just going to keep talking about this yoyo and not post a picture?