2SickYoYos News Thread: 1/1 Queen Giveway!!! Details on Page 16

Mystic Marsh, baby! I was going to do what Rasu did (my Gambit is Kinetic Energy) but variety is the spice of life and I don’t have any green-themed yoyos at all yet.

In a few days, I will have a awesome pair of a Mystic Marsh Gambit and King!

Hello all!

We have run into some issues with our latest yoyo, the King. Because of a trademark issue we will be renaming the King. For those who bough one already count yourselves lucky! The page has been taken down for now until we figure out this minor setback. More info will come soon!

Thank for all the support

Was it the idiots who tried to trademark “candy”?

Wow. Was it a trademark from another yoyo company or something unrelated?

Yoyo King as I understand it. :wink:

They don’t have a case, but it doesn’t matter. Renaming a yoyo isn’t the end of the world and you get to pick something radder than “the King”.

Like…

“Lothar of the Hill People”. Now that’s a catchy yoyo name.

1 Like

Lol

The yoyo known as the King will now be called the Queen!

If you didn’t know the theme I name my yoyos for is Chess related. The Queen is the Single most powerful and versatile piece in the game. Its an elegant piece which translates to the elegant curves and lines that make up this yoyo. This yoyos has the power and stability that makes this versatile. It can be played fast for speed combos or slow for flowy slack maneuvers. This yoyo demands attention just like the Queen on the board, All hail the QUEEN!!

Long Live The Queen!

1 Like

I know the splashes are sick and generally people’s preference… but I was seriously torn between the splash I got and the solids in black and the gold.

Surprised nobody has jumped hard on those yet!

So when will YYE make the Queen available?

It’s available right now. But only the 12th-man splash and the 3 solids are left.

Hey Greg, how are you liking yours?

Really enjoying my Gambit, considering picking one of these up. Because I definitely don’t have enough yo-yos already. :sweat_smile:

Do you guys plan on making more Gambits? They look amazing and I really wanna pick one up.
They look exactly my style lol.

Really like it. Incredibly stable without being overly heavy. The interesting thing about it is that although it’s light-ish, it’s extremely rim-weighted. Without that center/mid-weight feeling, it’s not “floaty”, it still feels like a “solid” player.

Ever since getting my Valor, I’ve had a deepening appreciation of solid yoyos, and this one hits the spot!

Plus, easiest finger grinds evar…

1 Like

I would call it a balance of light feeling and solid. It is light in weight which gives it the speed that is consistent with a lighter yoyo but the rim weight gives it the stability and spin power of a heftier yoyo. Its just like a Queen…nice to look at but when it comes down to business, its stronger than the rest.

What do you do when you’re out of chess pieces to name?

There are many many names to do. Not just limited to pieces.

That’s what I said the day I got it. I can’t put it down, I have looked at my other throws and since Monday this has been all I have thrown.

Hmmm… If I were in your shoes, I would have just erased the name “King” from the promotions, and the box. I would have just kept the crown symbol by itself, to be left up to interpretation. People would see the crown symbol and still referred to it as the King in conversation. No one can control conversation. The crown would be like that symbol for “The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.” Everyone still called him Prince, they knew who he was anyway, and knew what the symbol meant, but he refrained from using “Prince” in advertising and on his CDs. That would have been so neat. People would still see the crown and think, “The King!” :wink: Yo-yo, formerly known as King.