2Sick Blockade

Was going to post my own review for this yoyo but decided to keep everything in one thread, so here is my review also. I am also trying to follow The Guidelines (if you want I can shorten my review or move it to a separate post)

The Blockade was 2Sick’s first full-run outer rimmed Bi-metal yoyo, and it is clearly a favorite of the 2Sick team because the YYE description says it. lol

Play feel is Quite Interesting, as it is slightly organic but still sharp and competition oriented, I have heard it compared to the Stealth so I will use that as a comparison. Mine is a B-grade for vibe so I will not factor that in to consideration.

Specs are as follows:

• Weight: 63.9 Grams
  • Diameter: 57.03 MM
  • Width: 44.61 MM
  • Gap: 4.92 MM
  • The response comes stock with 19mm pads and C size bearing
  • Mine is in the Supercharged colorway, so the only engraving is the Blockade on the inside of the cup

As you can tell by the specs, the Blockade is a Big Boy so I hope buyers like slightly oversized stuff.

• Pro’s
    Long spinning
    Large Catch-zone (not a lot of wasted width)
    Not too snaggy/good for tech
    Good Grind finish (Thumb, Talon, ETC)
    Cool colorways

• Con’s
    Bad at fingerspins (trench around a flat hub=finger can’t get to center)
    Steel ring hugs aluminum all the way around, so the rims look kind of awkward and are not as big as they could’ve been.
    @bobafret Said that it feels like a chalkboard and I agree.
    Binds are not as tight as I would like.

• General thoughts and Comparison
    This yoyo is very good and powers through Tech, Meta, and Speed, is excellent at Talon Grinds and feels kind of chill because the weight it well distributed and it is lightweight.
    In comparison with the Stealth the Cups and shape look very similar:

Photo credit to YYE, thanks for reading, hope this helps with any info on the Blockade. : D

3 Likes