2ndaryStrings!

good

2 Likes

how do make them more efficiently/quicker?

3 Likes

Donā€™t people, small companies like Zipline have a group of people making them? They must in order to have so many styles and enough of all the types of string to accomodate so many sales. And then thereā€™s the quality control necessary to make sure each string properly represents the brand. One bad batch of a certain string could lose them a lot of customers.

2 Likes

they do, i beleive they have a group of ppl, but its still handmade

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a matter of having a group of really dedicated, skilled people with the right amount of rigs and people doing quality checks of every single string. Plus, I think the more strings you make the faster you can make them without losing any quality in the speed.

2 Likes

this thread has everything you need to know

3 Likes

so I need a little help with where I should sell my strings, I personally want to sell them on IG because I feel like that would be the best way to expose my brand. I know that Facebook is good but I dont think that is a better decision then IG, what do yall think @MattB @MarkD @YoYoExpertGarrett @ColinBecko

2 Likes

Open a bigcartel storefront and market them on instagram. Put a link to the bigcartel storefront in your instagram bio. Take good pictures of the strings and keep the colorways/formulas to a simple minimum.

5 Likes

thanks so much @MarkD, I really appreciate it :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s probably the best bet.

3 Likes

Zipline is made by one person and his family helps package and ship everything AFAIK

3 Likes

dang thatā€™s really impressive

3 Likes

I could be wrong, thatā€™s just the impression I get from when I ordered from them in the past, maybe theyā€™ve grown even more since then and hired a worker or two. Airetic is a similar situation Iā€™m pretty sure - just 1 guy and his son pretty much do everything.

4 Likes

I put in an order with Zipline for a couple of String Things maybe six weeks ago. Even for my small order they included a lovely hand signed card. It felt super personal and made me feel like part of the family. 10/10 would recommend.

Anyway, sorry for going OT there, I originally started this reply to just agree with @shatterFX :rofl:

3 Likes

I have thought about doing this but I feel like I would be steeling zip lines idea, but I still want to do something like this but idk what, I will figure something out though

3 Likes

not rlly i include a card thats pretty much ā€œdear___ thank you so much for your order i really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy your strings!
-Kyleā€

3 Likes

Saying ā€œthanksā€ doesnā€™t belong to anyone. It belongs to everyone.

Just do what feels right in your heart. Be sincere.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

thanks a lot, I will remember this for when I get my company kick off the ground

2 Likes