I had a signature color Loop 2020 released at US Nationals last year. They were sold in pairs and I think ~5-6 pairs were made. They were setup with my 2020 setting and had weight rings to alter the weight distribution. No plans on another run currently.
String response… wow!! Always wondered how that felt.
nice! i really like the look of those and have been going back and forth between a new seeker pair and a hornet pair. id love a totally clear seeker including caps with no printing. i think that’d look rad with some vibrant string
The caps on these are textured so I imagine they’d be hard to wipe but the new Szeto transparent 720s look like it would be highly doable.
I think you can also buy fully transparent Loop Ups if you go direct from JPL.
I’ve been practicing more 2A lately. Today’s throws don’t show it, but I’ve swapped my primary throw from 720s to Seekers as of late. I went through my collection and pulled my oldest two pairs of 720s and my oldest Hornets from my rotation to make space for Seekers and Cannonballs.
Tried a Russell yet? They were the easiest thing I’ve found to loop. Until I slung them into a wall…
I have not. They are hard to come by, aren’t they?
I’ve found more common models on Ebay for $20, $25. For the “Made in Philippines” ones. The later ones made in Taiwan can be found cheaper. (Fly a Kite, Papa’s Toys’ “Fast Eddy”) But mine fell apart without even hitting it on anything yet.. It’s a shame, because some of those have cool graphics. But my “Made in Philippine” models, before they came apart, were light and easy to keep looping. And the easiest for me to switch between loop and around the world. Gonna have to find me another one to break… I’d like to try one of the earlier rounded cap versions, but those are hard to find in decent condition.



















