2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

How old are these 720? or How Many Loops are on them? The Startburst does wear out unfortunately, that’s why new ones always play so crispy. When it comes to practice, a pair is going to see thousands of reps.

I’m not saying my throws suck. I’m saying how would anyone know if it’s a yo-yo equipment selection issue or a skill issue. I’m just generalizing

It always comes back to skills. Knowing your set up is off is also a “Skill” only gained from experience and practice.

1 Like

Apparently I play just short of 29”, around 73cm.

1 Like

If you want them to loop more down, you could switch back to the stock settings with 2 red spacers. I’ve tried a lot of other people’s setups and what is best for someone else will not always be best for you.

Also if you’re willing to drive, yoyofactory is only 5 hours away and DXL is 4 hours away :yum:. They have 2A players who can verify your setup.

2 Likes

I drove down to DXL last month and I was the only 2a dude at that time. So I’ll hit them up more. That was a really fun day in general

2 Likes

So i added a little silicone grease to the bearings. Higher response brings it down also. What do you think? Do these look any lower? They feel lower but overall I think I’m going to try 2 inches more string length.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m just crazy lol. Side by side these videos look to be the same height but they feel completely different. I thought I wanted the loop 720’s to feel more like the hornets as far as height and orbit but maybe I’m just confusing the feel. I’ll just go back to practicing lol.

2 Likes

Both look good to me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Working on dominant hand crossovers.

7 Likes

I like practicing whilst recording. It helps me see what I’m doing wrong then I can adjust. I’m trying to get a rolling action going, hand over hand. I need to exaggerate the cross over more but looks like I’m neglecting a sharp flick on the top. I’m definitely going to nail this one soon!

5 Likes

It’s my favorite day! Happy 2a 2sday! I have a vision of a combo, and being able to redirect from both hands is a part of it. So I’m learning / practicing that.

8 Likes

And mail call for today. I’ve been wanting a set of unleashed. I got ahold of a mismatched set. Good enough for me!

8 Likes

I’m starting to get some decent runs on my dominant hand. ndh is a different story, i feel like im learning to use my hand for the first time

2 Likes

Once you can do like 3-5 loops consistently with your ndh , stop looking at it. Only look with your peripheral. It’ll allow your hand to make corrections instead of you looking at it and feeding corrections that you think you need.

Oh also, doing loops next to a mirror (not straight on) seems to help with that also.

3 Likes

It’s time for our favorite day, whether you’re willing to admit it or not! Happy 2a 2sday!!
I made a little sword and shield tut on Skills Addict app. Here’s one of the videos I didn’t use but I still like it.

6 Likes

That’s very impressive!! It has been nice to watch your journey. You look so confident now with your throwing. All your efforts are paying off. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Filmed yesterday and cut today.

I guess I’m working on staring at the camera while doing hops :joy:

8 Likes

Nicely done Keith.

1 Like

So handsome. So 2a.

2 Likes